Senior Product Manager, Search Platform - #156827
Date: 02/23/2021 23:30 PM
City: Brooklyn, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
We are looking for an experienced product manager to join our Search team. Etsy has an unique inventory in the e-commerce space and a customer base passionate about high quality products. As a Senior Product Manager for Search Platform, you will help guide a critical platform team in building the next generation search infrastructure powering nearly 100 million products and billions of conversations.
You will partner with numerous stakeholders across Search, Recommendations, Marketing, Advertising and more to define and prioritize not just today’s infrastructure needs but the longer term vision for Search as a Platform for intelligent product design. You will play a pivotal role in blending cutting edge information retrieval and machine learning research to help our customers succeed in scaling up large scale search problems and deliver wonderful customer experiences. You will closely partner with outstanding talent across engineering, data science, product and analytics as we build an industry leading information retrieval platform!
About the Role
- Lead product management for one of Etsy’s most critical platforms and build solutions that scale to the multifaceted needs of a diverse set of customers
- Define vision and strategy, setting the stage for long term, continued success, incorporating state of the art information technology with bleeding edge machine learning.
- Work with partner teams to gather input and define priorities leading to product execution
- Define, build and analyze metrics for the success of products
- Manage the work for multiple squads to realize both short and long term needs
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
- BA/BS in Computer Science or related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of significant work experience in Search or other similar field
- 2+ years of experience in a product management role
- Exceptional Product and Project Management skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience partnering with highly cross-functional teams
- Experience with Solr, Elastic Search, or other information retrieval technologies
- Experience working with machine learning and data science teams
- Experience working with massive datasets in real-time settings
- Outstanding communicator, able to talk shop with engineering partners, and communicate vision to business leaders
- Strong desire to continually innovate and incrementally deliver value
- Results-oriented drive and proven ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast-paced environment
- 4+ years of product management experience
- Excellent problem-solving, organizational skills, and search intuition with the ability to evolve product strategy based on research, data and industry trends
- Experience developing Search and Machine Learning driven products or technologies is helpful
- Experience with e-commerce or two-sided marketplaces
- Experience with state of the art retrieval systems
- Experience working in R&D environments
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.