Digital Marketing Strategist - SEM - #156809
Hearst Media Services
Date: 02/23/2021 23:00 PM
City: Buffalo, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Hearst is a leading global, diversified media, information, and services company with more than 360 businesses. Across every division, Hearst employees are connected by shared values of innovation, storytelling, creativity, vision, social good and partnership. We invite you to discover more about our culture, company, and community.
Hearst major interests include ownership in cable television networks such as A&E, HISTORY, Lifetime and ESPN; global financial services leader Fitch Group; Hearst Health, a group of medical information and services businesses; transportation assets including CAMP Systems International, a major provider of software-as-a-service solutions for managing maintenance of jets and helicopters; 31 television stations such as WCVB-TV in Boston and KCRA-TV in Sacramento, Calif., which reach a combined 19 percent of U.S. viewers; newspapers such as the Houston Chronicle, San Francisco Chronicle and Albany Times Union, more than 300 magazines around the world including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Men's Health and Car and Driver; digital services businesses such as iCrossing and KUBRA; and investments in emerging digital entertainment companies such as Complex Networks.
The SEM Strategist will work with our existing Search Engine Marketing team to provide strategic SEM services for our clients. The SEM Strategist will be responsible for researching, identifying and implementing emerging SEM trends and tactics.
This role will manage all aspects of day to day SEM strategy for clients. As part of the Search Engine Marketing Team, this individual will create new campaigns, develop targeted keyword lists, conduct bid management and optimization, develop advertising creative, prepare reports and analyze landing pages and keyword copy in support of advertiser goals. Confidence, accountability and action-oriented attitude and habits are keys to success.
Success metrics will be based on growth in overall qualified PPC traffic and conversions for a specific customer base.
The ideal candidate should also be comfortable in a client facing role with strong written and verbal communication skills. This individual will be required to present strategic SEM implementation plans and reports to our clients via conference calls. Candidate must be posses organizational and time management skills as they will be responsible for the management of several advanced SEM campaigns.
- Develops keyword lists and ad copy for search campaigns.
- Builds and launches SEM campaigns within Google Adwords and Microsoft Ad Center.
- Creates new paid search campaigns utilizing various internal Web-based systems.
- Designs, builds and analyzes effectiveness of landing pages used in search engine marketing campaigns.
- Performs quality assurance prior to launching campaigns to ensure accuracy of campaigns.
- Makes campaign, ad copy and keyword optimization changes based on analyzing key performance indicators such as CPC, CPL, and CTC.
- Provides monthly updates to clients regarding performance of SEM campaigns and communicates regularly with clients to discuss metrics and trends.
- Performs campaign budget stewardship to ensure campaigns are managed efficiently and target CPLs are achieved.
- Performs in depth keyword research and strategic analysis.
- Performs competitive keyword and strategic analysis.
- Recommends website content and layout suggestions for better user experience and lead conversion.
- Implements lead tracking systems.
- Monitors and implements new and emerging trends in SEM.
- Recommends changes in methods to increase traffic to websites.
- Contributes to the company SEM blog.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
A BA/BS Degree preferred. A minimum of one year of experience in a professional environment. Experience with Search Engine Marketing (Pay per click) is preferred, but not required. Candidate must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.