Principal Research Engineer - Lighting - #156796
Date: 02/23/2021 23:00 PM
City: Draper, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SnapAV is a leading manufacturer and distributor of audio, video, surveillance, power, and wiring equipment for residential and commercial A/V integrators. We believe that life's better when everything works together. And the same can be said about the collaborative work we do. Join our award-winning team in our continuous quest to deliver the most brilliant, personalized smart home experiences to people around the world.
The Principal Research Engineer in Lighting will report to the Vice President of Hardware Engineer and be responsible for providing a high level of research expertise for Control4 lighting development activities. The Principal Research Engineer in Lighting will help shape the product vision and will work closely with product management and product development to define new and improve existing products and features.
A successful individual will be a self-starter, thrive in a collaborative work environment, have knowledge of scientific advances, and translate those into research direction and guidance. The Principal Research Engineer in Lighting will lead, advise, and assist technical teams with lighting issues requiring deep expertise. The individual will lead lighting research and guide Control4 lighting product direction and technology.
- Drive execution of lighting research strategy
- Actively research technology trends related to lighting and lighting control
- Participate and exhibit thought leadership in industry associations
- Serve as primary generator and contributor of new knowledge and capabilities, and take lead responsibility for applying to existing and/or new products and services
- Be driven by end goal of customer satisfaction, both homeowner and dealer for their respective reasons
- Independently define and conduct high level and deeply technical research
- Identify opportunities to leverage new technology that leads to successful and innovative new products
- Work individually to present findings and make recommendations to development and product management teams
- Work with a team and to establish and maintain effective professional working relationships, including with peers across disciplines
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering field with 10+ years in a product development, technology architecture or similar role OR 14+ years in a product development, technology architecture or similar role
- 5+ years of experience in lighting technology
- Experience in research and evidence of research leadership
- Consumer product development experience
- Experience in lighting control product development