Dietary Aide - PRN Weekends - Fargo - #156749
Post Acute Medical
Date: 02/23/2021 22:00 PM
City: Fargo, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Post Acute Medical Rehabilitation Hospital Fargo, ND
The Dietary Aide is responsible for assembling patient meal trays according to dietary orders. Responsible for set-up, breakdown, and sanitation of food and non-food items for patient meal services. Prepares food items for patients, employees and visitors, including catering functions. Prepares and delivers snacks on a daily basis according to par levels. Also may assist the Porter with cleaning dishes, silverware and pots and pans. The Dietary Aide is actively involved in department activities, transdisciplinary team activities, and hospital activities to ensure individualized, patient-centered health care for all patient populations admitted to the hospital.
- Performs a variety of food preparation duties to include, but not limited to, preparing patient trays according to patient menu and dietary orders; preparing and delivering snacks on a daily basis according to patients' dietary needs/restrictions and par levels; ensure that proper serving techniques are followed; prepares a variety of foods according to customer's orders, hospital provided recipe or supervisor's instructions, following approved procedures; assisting cooks and other dietary staff with various tasks as needed and provides cooks with needed items.
- Assists with inventory and stocks vending machines and/or kitchen; ensures kitchen and/or cafeteria are adequately stocked with items, and accessories such as utensils, napkins and straws. Ensures that par levels are appropriate and notifies supervisor when supplies are getting low or equipment is not working properly.
- Cleans and sanitizes work areas, equipment, utensils, dishes, silverware and trays.
- Stores and labels food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
- Greets patients, employees and visitors in a courteous and respectful manner, responds with positive interpersonal skills and handles requests with a positive attitude.
- Ensures safety at all times by notifying the supervisor of any risk factors seen, initiating and maintaining appropriate safety measures. Responds to and assists others in emergency situations in a calm and effective manner.
- The knowledge and skills necessary to perform position requirements are demonstrated through the successful completion of competencies established for the position, to include population served, and other special needs of patients and customers, served by the department.
- Adheres to Post Acute Medical policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards imposed by regulatory organizations.
- Regular attendance and timeliness is required.
- Experience: One year of food service experience is preferred.
- Education: High diploma or equivalent is preferred.
Post Acute Medical, LLC (PAM, LLC) is committed to being the most trusted source for post-acute services in every community it serves by utilizing experienced and dedicated staff to provide high quality patient care and customer service. With over 42 Long Term Acute Care and Rehabilitation hospitals and 16 Outpatient Clinics currently in operation across the country, we are proud to offer services including comprehensive wound care, aquatic therapy, ventilator weaning, amputation treatment, pain management and much more.
Joining our PAMily allows you to work in a collaborative environment with colleagues and leadership with exposure to a variety of patient care levels. Aside from our competitive pay, generous paid benefit time, and excellent insurance options, you will also have opportunities for professional growth through our Education Advancement Program.
We are excited to learn more about you and hope that you consider joining us on a shared mission to improve the lives of others by being an integral part of our We Care Program. Please take a moment to visit us online at www.postacutemedical.com for a comprehensive look at how we're able to positively impact our local communities.
Post Acute Medical is an Equal Opportunity Employer.