Internal Auditor - #156748
State of North Dakota
Date: 02/23/2021 22:00 PM
City: Bismarck, North Dakota
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
WSI believes that every worker deserves a safe work environment and every employer deserves to have his or her workers safe on the job, without the risk of a workplace injury. WSI is dedicated to creating a safe, secure, and healthy North Dakota workforce.
Summary of Work
The Internal Auditor plans, directs, and completes internal audits and compliance reviews to ensure WSI is properly functioning and operating in accordance with policies, procedures, applicable laws, rules, Board Outcome policies, and commonly accepted worker's compensation insurance industry standards.
The Internal Auditor will assist the Board Audit Committee, WSI management, and its employees in fulfilling their responsibilities by providing analyses, appraisals, recommendations, and information concerning the adequacy and effectiveness of the organizations internal control structure and to promote effective internal controls.
- Requires a bachelor's degree with a major in accounting, business administration, public administration, or other related area with course work in accounting.
- Three years of work experience in the following: Insurance auditing, financial auditing, accounting auditing, fraud auditing or in a related auditing field and/or three years of work experience in worker's compensation.
- Analytical skills
- Ability to work with individuals in a personal and courteous manner through interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills.
- Knowledge and experience in Microsoft products (Word, Excel, and so on).
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Public Accountant (CPA), or other related professional certification.
Apply online and upload the following information: cover letter (addressed to Human Resources), resume, references, and copy of college transcripts (if applicable). All application materials must be received by the closing date to be considered for the open position. Background checks will be conducted.
WSI staff will score all applications based on a 100 point scoring and rating system. Applications should include information which directly addresses how the applicant meets the minimum qualifications and summary of work. It is very important to be thorough and detailed on the application materials. Incomplete sections in the application will not be given credit.
Applicants with disabilities should contact Jill Mugaas at 701-328-3849 in advance of applying to discuss any special provisions needed for applying or interviewing.
If you are experiencing technical difficulties with the Application Process or uploading attachments, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-328-3290
ND Relay Number 1-800-366-688
Equal Employment Opportunity
The State of North Dakota and this hiring agency do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including sexual orientation and gender identity), genetics, religion, age or disability in employment or the provisions of services and complies with the provisions of the North Dakota Human Rights Act.
As an employer, the State of North Dakota prohibits smoking in all places of state employment in accordance with N.D.C.C. § 23-12-10.