SF Collateral Risk - Risk Management - Advisor - #156742
Date: 02/23/2021 22:00 PM
City: Plano, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing, flexible environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
As a valued contributor to our team, you will advise the team on methods, models, and analytical templates used for assessing and identifying potential risks that may threaten our reputation, safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as work with management and team members in communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders across the enterprise, and understand business objectives.
The mission of the Collateral Strategy & Innovation Team at Fannie Mae is to create and accelerate appraisal and valuation process improvements. This is accomplished by introducing new technologies, data, and concepts to enhance Fannie Mae’s capabilities to manage collateral risk. One of these concepts is Geographic Information Systems (GIS) but even more broadly Geographic Data Science (GDS). The technologies and analytical techniques (spatial analysis and modeling) are generally under-utilized in the mortgage finance industry even though much of the collateral risk is based on locational influences to value. Fannie Mae is looking to change that.
As a GIS Advisor, you will assist with assessing and identifying potential risks that may threaten Fannie Mae’s reputation, safety, security, and/or financial success, as well as participate with the team in communicating and collaborating with key stakeholders across the enterprise, and understanding business objectives. All of this will be done with an emphasis on using geospatial technologies, data, and analytics.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The GIS advisor role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside result driven people so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
- Apply extensive knowledge of principles, advanced techniques, and theories to suggest and implement solutions on a specific project, program, or product related to GiS.
- Identify business areas that pose potential risks to the enterprise.
- Reviewing and providing complex analyses regarding the impact of risks to the enterprise.
- Maintain information and processes to reduce risk using rigorous analysis.
- Document resolutions and control guidelines.
- Solves complex, specialized business problems and informs team’s technical direction.
- Partner with the team to carry out business strategies that will drive success in the face of shifting consumer behaviors and regulations.
- Lead specialized projects
THE EXPERIENCE YOU BRING TO THE TEAM
Minimum Required Experiences
- 6 years
- Bachelor degree or equivalent
- Bachelors or Master’s degree in Geography, Environmental Science, or a related discipline or a blend of knowledge and qualifications reflecting a similar level of experience. Other degrees will be considered.
- Practical experience in a consultancy or other non-academic context in data processing and analysis using GIS is required.
- Strong experience with using geographic information system (GIS).
- Experience discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping, developing mapping applications.
- Ability to present geographic trends and findings from their analyses to internal stakeholders and senior management.
- Experience producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data.
- Knowledge and experience working with open and proprietary GIS data sources (ArcGIS, QGIS). Experience with ArcGIS Enterprise is a bonus.
- Experience working with open source geospatial datasets.
- Skilled in documentation and database reporting for the purposes of analysis, data discovery, and decision-making. Especially geodatabases.
- 2-4 years’ experience coding in SQL as well as R and/or Python.
- Experience gathering accurate information to explain concepts and answer critical questions.
- Working with people with different functional expertise respectfully and cooperatively to work toward a common goal.
- Skilled in presenting information and/or ideas to an audience in a way that is engaging and easy to understand.
- Skilled in creating visual concepts, creating content, and editing content by hand or with the help with computer software to communicate ideas.
- The group of skills related to Influencing including negotiating, persuading others, facilitating meetings, and resolving conflict.
- The group of skills related to Relationship Management including managing and engaging stakeholders, customers, and vendors, building relationship networks, contracting, etc.
- Skilled in using ArcGIS
- Skilled in Microsoft Products (Excel, PowerPoint, Word)
- Experience using SQL clients
- Skilled in R and/or Python
- Skilled in AWS
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at Fanniemae.com/careers.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at [email protected]