Corporate Counsel, Contracts North America - #156727
Date: 02/23/2021 21:30 PM
City: Rutherford, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
SGS is the world's leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Corporate Counsel, Contracts North America (NAM) reviews, drafts and negotiates a wide variety of commercial contracts. Provides advanced and independent legal advice, prepares resolutions, reports, guidelines and participates in major legal actions.
- Independently drafts, reviews, negotiates both customer and supplier agreements, real estate leases, software licenses, purchase, sales, insurance contracts, etc.
- Ensures that contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and company policies.
- Conducts legal, regulatory, and business-related research and reviews various agreements and documents.
- Acts as escalation point for Paralegals who have contract questions or issues.
- Participates in special projects where the experience, ability or expertise of the attorney merits involvement.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- J.D. degree from accredited law school and admission to New Jersey bar or eligibility for New Jersey In-house counsel license.
- Minimum 3 to 7 years as a practicing attorney, preferably with both private practice and in-house experience specializing in the areas of US and Canadian labor and employment law.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability.