Area Manager - #156684
Date: 02/23/2021 21:00 PM
City: Pell City, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Are you looking for a career where time flies by and you are continually learning? Do you enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and delighting customers? Then you should join Hargray as an Area Manager!
In this role you will be responsible for supporting the General Manager and partially own the sales responsibility and support operational aspects associated with the delivery of services to Hargray's residential customers. The Area Manager will also develop and deliver a broad range of initiatives to drive revenue in new acquisition sales and up-sale of existing customers, and develop programs focused on retention of the customer base.
The Company: For over 70 years, Hargray has been connecting customers to each other and the world, growing from a local phone company to an industry leader providing residential, business, enterprise, and carrier wholesale communications services. Our mission is to envision and deliver customer delight. In addition to our long history of dedication and commitment to our community, we offer benefits for your health, wealth, protection, well-being, time, and more. Our team of almost 600 colleagues across 8 locations is committed to excellence, delivering the most advanced technology and the best service for our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for supporting operations alongside of GM including Sales, Customer Care, Technical Support, and Installation and Repair.
- Partly own P&L responsibility for assigned market; must meet or exceed established revenue and profitability goals.
- Monitors the performance of Residential sales teams as it relates to the defined region's sales and revenue goals and takes corrective action as required.
- Assures competencies are completed prior to staff doing tasks independently where required.
- Works with key stakeholders and General Manager regarding sales/marketing efforts and contributes to the creation of an overall customer strategic plan. Significant day-to-day autonomy and ability to make decisions consistent with sales and operations plans and budgets.
- Available for on-call assignments as needed.
- Implements processes and process improvements in conjunction with the General Manager pertinent to the effective and efficient operation of the call center, retail store, technical support and Installation, and Repair.
- Makes sure location personnel receives and completes necessary training to perform assigned duties.
- Assists the General Manager in creating accurate revenue, compensation and operating expense budgets and forecasts.
- Manages staff working under direct or indirect supervision; conducts regular and frequent performance planning, coaching and evaluation.
- Aligns performance metrics to support the achievement of business, department, and team goals. Monitors and measures key-performance-indicators (KPIs) and ensures consistency and accuracy in reporting.
- Becomes familiar with customer experiences across all phases of market's operations, such as initial signup, seeking information, or problem resolution.
- Implements strategies that deliver improvement in key metrics of customer satisfaction.
- As directed by the General Manager, supervises projects that drive improved customer experience, process improvement, and cost reduction throughout the full customer lifecycle, including deploying and executing identified deliverables.
- Manages customer escalations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by the General Manager to ensure successful operation of the market.
- Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent experience.
- 3 or more years' experience with increasing responsibility in telecommunications with an emphasis on sales and sales training.
- Ability to utilize and analyze metrics.
- Effective oral and written communication.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and continuously motivate highly effective teams.
- Strong customer orientation.
- Maintains a positive, constructive, and polite, attitude.
- Strong leadership abilities.
- Strong organization, time and territory management skills.
- Ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Capable of designing and implementing employee training and development
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proficient use of computer programs, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.