Entry Level Merchandiser - #156680
Date: 02/23/2021 21:00 PM
City: Price, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
NOTICE: If you are a current team member, in order to be considered for this position please apply to the internal portal by using the "Current Team Member" blue button or by utilizing the link on the Barn.
This position is responsible for traveling with the Field Activity Support Team (FAST) to stores within an assigned district to own and execute "start to finish" variable tasks such as planograms and physical inventories, as well as provide support for other tasks including merchandise and fixture assembly, and the maintenance of all signage. This position will interact with customers and team members, while providing legendary customer service.
As a FAST Team Member, it is essential that you be available, flexible, adaptable and service-oriented, as you must be able to fulfill all of the following requirements:
- Maintain regular and predictable attendance.
- Work scheduled shifts and have the ability to work varied hours, days, nights, and overtime as dictated by business needs.
- Communicate proactively and regularly with District FAST Supervisor on work completion, issues, and offer solutions to overcome.
- Complete planograms and resets accurately and in a timely manner
- Maintain visual merchandise standards
- Perform store specific measurements
- Complete store layout initiatives
- Perform accurate counts for store inventories, as well as cycle counts
- Complete Tractor Way top cap process
- Hang store signage
- Assemble merchandise, fixtures and PDQs
- Perform detailed recovery and review planogram integrity
- Make the customer a priority when approached and provide legendary customer service while in stores through the use of GURA:
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
Ask for the Sale
- Provide peak coverage as needed (E.g., DAT)
- Team Members also may be required to perform other duties as assigned.
Experience: Prior retail and/or merchandising experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a valid driver's license.
Education: A high school diploma or equivalent is preferred, but not required. Regardless of education level, FAST Team Members must be able to read, write and count accurately.
Professional Certifications: None
Other knowledge, skills or abilities:
- Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding knowledge is strongly preferred.
- Strong communication and problem-solving skills.
- Basic computer skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues ethically and with minimal conflict.
- Must be self-directed and have the ability to complete assignments with little to no assistance.
Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune 400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out Here"!
Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!
Tractor Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k), and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan