Territory Manager THD - #156640
PPG Industries, Inc.
Date: 02/23/2021 20:30 PM
City: Fairfield, Connecticut
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
PPG has an exciting opportunity available for our Bridgeport, CT market! If you enjoy sales, relationship building, and coaching, then this may be the opportunity for you! As a Territory Manager, you will develop sales results within a defined territory of The Home Depot stores. You'll build relationships with DIY'ers, professional contractors, property services, institutional, trade accounts, and other end-users of PPG Paints to drive top-line sales growth. In The Home Depot stores, you'll establish strong relationships with key associates and demonstrate your industry expertise throughout your territory.
- Partner with The Home Depot store management teams and associates to drive sales growth plans for PPG paints and stains. Plan and conduct weekend and after-hour customer clinics in The Home Depot stores. Analyze territory sales performance reports and develop strategic territory business plans to drive growth. Monitor and report on market and competitive activities.
- Build brand advocates by delivering training on DIY and PRO products to the sales associates. Participate in all Major Market Training and roadshow events as scheduled.
- Engage all customers with their painting projects and PPG product support throughout the store, especially within the paint and pro desk areas.
- Utilizing PPG's CRM – ClientLink you will increase the sales growth of the PRO customers' list of accounts in your territory by prospecting and forming new relationships with customers in person or over the phone, generating leads, and closing sales.
- Ensure the automatic replenishment system is supplying sufficient product to support the rate of sale, and on-hand inventory counts are accurate by performing cycle counts.
- Enthusiastically merchandise product displays. Maintain color centers, sales aides, and Point of Purchase materials for all PPG Paint brands.
- Work cross-functionally with all PPG departments (Account Team, Sales, Marketing, Distribution, Customer Service, and Tech Services) to exceed sales goals.
- Minimum Education High School Diploma with 3 years of sales experience. Bachelor's degree preferred.
- Self-directed/motivated and drive for sales results required.
- Valid driver's license and clean driving record.
- The ability to lift up to 65 pounds on a periodic basis.
- Candidates must live within the territory to be considered for this opportunity.
- Up to 30% travel in the territory and some outside travel required throughout the year assisting in other territories.
- Proven results in selling and relationship building with store operations and contractor segment sales preferred.
- Ability to build relationships with and influence a wide array of personality types from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience with store operations, inventory management, and merchandising preferred.
- Solid computer skills, time management/prioritization skills, strong oral and written presentation skills.
Here at PPG we make it happen, and we seek candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our values, with the commitment and drive to strive today to do better than yesterday – everyday.
PPG: WE PROTECT AND BEAUTIFY THE WORLD™
Through leadership in innovation, sustainability and color, PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces in more ways than does any other company. To learn more, visit www.ppg.com and follow @ PPG on Twitter.
The PPG Way
Every single day at PPG:
We partner with customers to create mutual value.
We are insightful, dedicated and proactive. We have intimate knowledge of the market and our customers. We focus on practical solutions that make a difference.
We are "One PPG" to the world.
We are better and stronger together. We leverage our scale to reach new markets and introduce innovative technologies as we differentiate and disrupt our markets.
We trust our people every day, in every way.
We enable and empower our people to make the right decisions. We are inclusive, transparent and respectful. Our feedback is clear and actionable.
We make it happen.
We have a passion for winning. We achieve. We deliver with discipline and integrity. We bring our best energy to our work. We decide and act intelligently and quickly.
We run it like we own it.
We respect one another by being responsible and accountable. We always act in the best interest of our company, customers, shareholders and our communities.
We do better today than yesterday – everyday.
We continuously learn. We develop our people to grow our businesses.
PPG Way: (Click here to learn more about the PPG Way)
We are One PPG: http://one.ppg.com/
PPG provides equal opportunity to all candidates and employees. We offer an opportunity to grow and develop your career in an environment that provides a fulfilling workplace for employees, creates an environment for continuous learning, and embraces the ideas and diversity of others. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, pregnancy, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, age, disability status, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression. If you need assistance to complete your application due to a disability, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
PPG values your feedback on our recruiting process. We encourage you to visit Glassdoor.com and provide feedback on the process, so that we can do better today than yesterday.
Benefits will be discussed with you by your recruiter during the hiring process.
Pay Transparency poster: https://www.dol.gov/sites/dolgov/files/ofccp/pdf/pay-transp_ English_formattedESQA508c.pdf
EEO is the Law Supplement: http://www.eeoc.gov/sites/default/files/migrated_files/employers/eeoc_gina_supplement.pdf