Lead, Systems Engrg - #156639
Date: 02/23/2021 20:30 PM
City: Lynchburg, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Title: Lead, Systems Engineer
Job Location: USA - VA - Lynchburg
Job Code: CS20211502-56623
L3Harris Technologies Inc. provides mission-critical communications solutions that give our customers a clear advantage – making them safer, faster and more effective. Our public safety and professional communications business sector is focused on radio and software products that serve first responders, military, government agencies, and commercial fleet users. As part of our team, you will support, implement, help design and develop cutting-edge public safety products, impacting millions of people, for our critical communication radio systems used by police, fire, EMS, military and commercial customers throughout the world.
The candidate will be a member of a team responsible for the implementation, support, definition and design, & support of standardized configurations for all VMware, Windows, and Linux platforms used within the LMR (Land Mobile Radio) system. Additionally the candidate will have some experience with networking and cyber security architectures & technologies. Candidate will also occasionally work with and support internally developed Land Mobile Radio (LMR) applications and hardware. This role requires participation in discussions with customers, consultants, vendors, subcontractors and other Harris personnel as necessary to complete contractual commitments.
A successful candidate will be successful in providing tier 3 & 4 levels of support internal and externally facing customers. This includes identifiying field problems, isolating root cause of identified issues, and initiating corrective actions in fielded systems. The candidate will interact with system engineers, Program managers, and field engineers regarding ongoing infrastructure activities. The candidate will also be responsible for escalating and interfacing with vendor technical assistance centers to resolve vendor software issues.
Additionally, cyber security policies and best practices are a critical component to L3Harris and the products that make up the LMR system. The candidate will practice standard cyber security operations to maintain the overall cybersecurity posture of both internal and third party solutions provided to our mission critical communications customers. When issues are found with L3Harris internal hardware and software, the candidate will work with other product engineering groups to help them understand, assess, and address the vulnerabilities.
This position is located in our Lynchburg, VA facility. Nestled between the Blue Ridge Mountains and James River, Lynchburg offers amazing outdoor recreation opportunities and has been named a "Best Adventure Town" by National Geographic. It boasts a network of five colleges and a highly educated workforce. Lynchburg features a lower cost of living, shorter commute, and higher quality of life than many larger cities.
Preferred Location – Lynchburg, VA
Bachelor's Degree and minimum 9 years of prior relevant experience. Graduate Degree and a minimum of 7 yeras of prior related experience.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- 6 + years' experience working with RF, system design, networking, configuration, system programming
- Practical hands-on field experience in RF/LMR system design, staging, configuration and implementation of complex radio systems.
- Experience with virtualization platforms
- Experience with server administration
- Experience with Windows operating systems
- Experience with Red Hat Enterprise Linux or other Linux operating systems
- Experience with networking & cyber technologies
- Tier III/IV troubleshooting skills is a plus
- Professional certifications (e.g. MCSA, MCSE, VCA6/VCP6, LPIC, Security+,Network+)
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent project tasks and prioritize them appropriately
- Has clear & concise ability to communicate issues in a less technical sense to management and business
- Demonstrate leadership skills which include customer focus, change management, teamwork, diversity, and integrity
- Self-motivated team player, able to set priorities and manage to deadlines
- Excellent trouble-shooting, communication and customer service skills
- Demonstrated ability to proactively resolve problems
- Proven mentoring capabilities