Technical Implementation Specialist - #156629
Date: 02/23/2021 20:00 PM
City: Tampa, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Why join Nextech?
We are a leader in specialty healthcare technology solutions, headquartered in Tampa, FL, with a satellite office in Montvale, NJ.
We are an ever-growing team, guided by our iCREATE values of Integrity, Collaboration, Respect, Empowerment, Accountability, Trust, and Excellence. We hold these values in high regard and are driven to succeed in all we do.
We’re committed to hiring and retaining talent, which is why we invest in our employees through competitive pay, a generous bonus structure, great healthcare, a comprehensive wellness program, and many other benefits.
If you are a software engineer, finance or accounting professional, customer support specialist, or a business development expert with a passion for healthcare technology (just to name a few), we want to hear from you.
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics are encouraged to apply. If you are a candidate in need of assistance or an accommodation in the application process, please contact [email protected].
The Technical Services Specialist is responsible for providing advanced technical services and support for Nextech Software Products in accordance with clients' needs. The specialist will provide technical support by troubleshooting and investigating escalated Tier 1 or Tier 2 technical incidents as well as provide add-on, fee-based technical services. All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
Essential Functions: In addition to working in accordance with appropriate conduct and behavioral standards, specific responsibilities of this role may include:
- Maintain and grow a strong proficiency in all technical facets of the Nextech software Solutions.
- Answer incoming calls related to Projects and Tasks
- Reply to Technical Services requests in a timely fashion
- Fully document and resolve incomplete incidents in a timely manner following Nextech guidelines
- Partner with both Product Support and Development to resolve technical issues within the solution and act as a liaison for escalating issues
- Schedule and perform Migrations for On Prem to Cloud clients for Nextech software
- Investigate more complex technical issues following Nextech support guidelines
- Provide exceptional customer service
- Maintain ongoing contact with assigned clients to ensure customer satisfaction
- Maintain detailed notes and document interface configurations for each project in Salesforce
- Create and maintain documentation and training to help drive success for the broader team and our customers
- Help build and maintain a robust Knowledge Base
- Install, configure, test, and provide training for HL7/ HIE / Lab/API’s, Imports and Exports, Device integrations by agreed upon go live date
- Coordinate and execute data conversions
- Evaluate client hardware to ensure it meets Nextech requirements; make recommendations as necessary
- Manage serious client technical issues including troubleshooting hardware and software (i.e., data corruption, system slowness, network disconnects, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of 2+ years of experience supporting high performance applications and demonstrated proclivity toward technical aspects of the software
- Flexibility to work different shifts including on call weekend shifts
- Advanced technical skills, including basic computer/technology skills and proficient to excellent Microsoft© Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word) experience
- Intermediate experience in reading HL7 messages and understanding HL7 requirements
- Basic knowledge of SQL queries and able to write basic queries
- Strong to excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proven/demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, handle multiple demands and changing priorities and exhibit results with a high level of accuracy
- Excellent project management, analytical and problem-solving skills, detail oriented along with superb time management skills in a high paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills
- Ability to write batch jobs and use of windows scheduled task scheduler
- Bachelor’s degree in MIS or related IT field plus work experience combination in IT field
- Expert in reading HL7 messages and understanding HL7 requirements
- Intermediate to expert knowledge of SQL queries and able to write advanced queries
- Experience with System Performance Monitoring / Troubleshooting
- Knowledge of API Interfaces
- Experience with Web Services (Soap) and Rest connections
- Expert technical skills, including intermediate to expert computer/technology skills and proficient to excellent Microsoft© Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Visio, and Word) experience
Nextech is pleased to offer a variety of health, wellness and lifestyle benefit offerings for all fulltime employees:
- Generous annual bonus opportunity
- iCREATE Employee Recognition Program
- Insurance : Choice of Medical, Dental, and Vision plans
- Wellness Program including discounts on medical premiums
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- 15 days PTO at date of hire (increases with years of service) + 10 paid holidays + 1 floating holiday
- Volunteer Time Off
- 100% Company-Paid Parental leave
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- 100% Company-Paid Life Insurance and Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Company-Sponsored 529 College Savings Plan
- Corporate Discounts on Retail, Travel, and Entertainment
- Pet Insurance options
- General office environment: Works generally at a desk in a well-lighted, air-conditioned cubicle/office, with moderate noise levels
- Periods of stress may occur
- Activities require a significant amount of sitting at office and work desks and in front of a computer monitor
- Some walking and standing relative to interaction with other personnel