DEVOPS Engineer - #156627
Date: 02/23/2021 20:00 PM
City: Salt Lake City, Utah
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Title: DEVOPS Engineer
Job Location: USA-UT-Salt Lake City
Job Code: CS20210302-56066
L3Harris is currently seeking a DEVOPS Engineer with extensive Linux administration background and experience with automation tools used to create CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines that bridges the gap between software development and the IT Infrastructure.
The DevOps / Linux System Administrator Engineer will be part of a team that is responsible for:
- Defining the next generation of computing infrastructure and operational processes, with a focus on automation such as (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, Virtualization, Docker, AZURE, Hyper-V and others)
- Aid in development and maintaining CI/CD (continuous integration/continuous delivery) pipelines, which minimizes coding errors and facilitates rapid deployment of higher-quality products as well as guide code releases from development to distribution.
- Responsible for assisting in setting the strategy and direction for our next generation of Build Automation and Release process.
- Responsible for the design and development of automated builds, scripts, installation procedures, and systems including source code control and issue tracking, packaging and deployment of Infrastructure as code.
- Developing, maintaining and enhancing key parts of the CI/CD procedures and processes. Communicating and training those aspects to stakeholders.
- Able to approach the DevOps discipline in new and creative ways and who are open and passionate about exploring new technologies to improve our overall environment.
- Extensive experience with installing, configuring and maintaining Linux operating systems. Analyzed and resolve problems associated with the operating systems servers, hardware, applications and software. Monitor systems performance.
- Skilled in time management with the proven ability to multi-task and work independently and meet deadlines.
- Work closely with different project teams to understand requirements, develop and drive changes.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or relevant field.
- 4+ years' experience as a DevOps Engineer or equivalent software-engineering role.
- US Citizenship is required, due to an immediate need to apply for a Top Secret Clearance.
- Linux and Container Technology such as Docker, Swarm, Kubernetes and related orchestration tools/platforms.
- Managing, configuring, maintaining Linux servers.
- Scripting with languages such as Ruby, Python, BASH, Powershell, groovy and known DevOps tools like Git and GitHub.
- Virtualization such as Vsphere, Hyper-V, Virtual box.
- Using or administering tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bitbucket, GIT, Bamboo, JENKINS, Prometheus, Grafana, Mesos, Marathon, Docker Artifactory.
- Experience in code deployment tools such as (Puppet, Ansible, Salt, Vagrant, Chef).
- Network, server, and application-status monitoring.
- Software-automation production systems such as Jenkins and Bamboo.
- Experience in software development methodologies.
- Experience with REST API's and scripting with them.
- You should be able to obtain and maintain a U.S. Government Security clearance.
- Must relocate to Salt Lake City, Utah if you currently live outside of the state.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Clearance is desired