Activities Coordinator - #156603
Date: 02/23/2021 20:00 PM
City: River Ranch, Florida
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
ABOUT WESTGATE RESORTS
Westgate Resorts provides a diverse range of vacation experiences. From sandy beaches on the Atlantic Ocean to snow-covered Utah mountains, families can affordably experience the country's most desirable vacation destinations. A world leader in the timeshare and hospitality industry, Westgate has resorts in Florida, Tennessee, South Carolina, Missouri, Utah, Nevada, and Arizona. Westgate meets every vacation expectation, for every family, for every budget. As we continue growing, we will continue offering the best and most-affordable vacation options out there!
Duties include but are not limited to conducting daily scheduled activities such as fitness related activities, poolside games and entertainment, family arts and crafts as well as family sports events, special events and guest trips. The Activities Coordinator runs the daily operations of the Activity Center which includes handling of monies, logging transactions into the computer, and writing and distributing receipts. This position requires daily upkeep of inventory, ordering supplies, and tracking guest interactions. This position supports the Kids Club and Staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING:
- Conduct adult and childrens activities.
- Set up activities prior to activity start time. Clean up activities immediately upon conclusion.
- Conduct and actively participate in arts and crafts with the adults and children, assisting and being energetic.
- Conduct and actively participate in water games (in the pool), such as water volleyball, and other pool activities
- Ensure guests safety during activities.
- Responsible for enforcing safety rules and procedures with guests.
- Keep inventory of guest participation, equipment, and guest interactions daily.
- Follow daily procedure for opening and closing of activities center, including pool area, locking appropriate doors, and cleaning up.
- Follow proper cash handling procedures including collecting monies, room charging, logging the money into the computer program, obtaining and distributing a receipt with guests signature, writing information on daily room charge ledger and handing the ledger to the front desk and dropping cash at close of shift.
- Maintain crafts and games in a neat manner and in working order; keep activities area orderly and clean.
- Responsible for sign out procedures of games and equipment
- Keep inventory, submit order requests and inform manager when supplies are low.
- Conduct special events such as holiday parties, pool parties, or street parties etc.
- Towels must be continually checked, folded and placed on pool chairs.
- Update activities board with materials and fliers. Keep the activities board neat and up to date.
- Be creative and suggest new ideas and games for wacky water games and other fun activities.
- Make his/her presence known by speaking and engaging regularly with the guests and guests children so they are aware of the events and activities taking place.
- Create an upbeat, energetic, fun environment.
- Demonstrate enthusiasm, energy, drive, job devotion, positive attitude and dependability.
- Assist Kids Club and perform other tasks related to the Activities Department when needed.
- Ability to work well with others.
- Possess very good customer service skills and good judgment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High School Diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Current Drivers license, CPR, First aid, Driver Safety certificate.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.