Revenue Manager, Finance Accounting - #156587
Palo Alto Networks
Date: 02/23/2021 19:30 PM
City: Santa Clara, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
The Revenue Manager will possess strong organizational, communication and management skills. You will be ambitious with the ability to provide solutions for issues identified. You are a competent individual with integrity, accountability, strong interpersonal skills, and a standout colleague. The position requires a “hands on” person who is flexible, hard-working and able to work well under pressure.
- Responsible for the accuracy and timeliness of Revenue Accounting process for Palo Alto Networks' offerings on NOVA platform, including but not limited to month end close, internal and external PBC preparation and/or review, and data analysis to support management decisions.
- Collaborate cross-functionally to identify business needs and to anticipate system issues before close period and drive process improvement. Reduce the number of exceptions identified each month during close, and reduce the time it takes to validate bookings, billings, and backlog for NOVA quote to revenue processes.
- Work closely with IT on transforming and streamlining close steps including building new reports and enhancements to improve and expedite close procedures.
- Participate in cross functional meetings in new offerings, changes to processes, acquisitions and any other company initiatives that trigger revenue recognition impacts. Partner with cross functional teams including IT, Sales Ops, Deal Desk, Order Management, Product Management, M&A Accounting, and Legal to support cross functional projects.
- Collaborate with other teams to launch new system functionalities in the pipeline, primarily in User Acceptance Testing and active monitoring of NOVA offerings to minimize production issues.
- Adapt and align the data reporting capabilities to capture the introduction of new products and markets. Detect and resolve data issues and reconciliation gaps.
- Maintain a coaching relationship with team members, potentially existing contractors or remote new hires. Train and knowledge share on new NOVA platform offerings and impacts to revenue accounting
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, CPA preferred
- 5+ years experience in Accounting or Accounting Operations and/or experience in Big 4 public accounting preferred
- Knowledge of Accounting Standard ASC 606
- Excellent communication skills and experience in working with stakeholders within cross-functional teams
- Ability to organize and prioritize tasks effectively in order to meet deadlines, working independently and under a cross-functional model
- Ability to recognize problems, gather data, draw valid conclusions, and effectively present information across a wide level of audience within the company.
- Experience with project management
- Experience with financial systems, SAP ERP ECC & RAR, BI, Blackline, Tableau, and SFDC a plus!
You have a passion for numbers, our organization has a passion for cybersecurity. You’re looking for a career with a more fulfilling mission. We have open positions to top talent seeking a financial challenge. Our accounting department deals with numbers daily, supporting infrastructure, dealing in automation, building solutions and providing accurate, insightful financial information to empower our business lines. The ideal candidate has exceptional skills in accounting and analytics and an innovative mindset to approach finance problems differently. Our innovation doesn’t stay in Research and Development. Within finance and accounting, we seek people who are looking to try new things, while solving business critical equations. If you’re seeking a financial challenge but with a world-wide impact – this is it.
We’re trailblazers who dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: We can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected].
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.