RN - First Step Examiner - #156574
Providence Health & Services
Date: 02/23/2021 19:30 PM
City: Missoula, Montana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Providence is calling a Registered Nurse (RN) First Step Examiner (Child Advocacy and Sexual Assault, Variable, 0.0 FTE) to Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Meet with prosecutors and other investigative parties in preparation for court cases.
- Participate in coordination of the investigation/evaluation with law enforcement and Child & Family Services.
- Perform forensic evidence collection and preservation.
- Perform medical assessment examinations.
- Provide court testimony including pre-trial meetings in civil or criminal cases as requested.
- Provide emotional and psychological support for the child and adult victim and supportive family members during the evaluation.
- Provide follow-up information to Child and Family Services caseworker and/or law enforcement.
- Provide follow-up medical and mental health referrals with discharge instructions.
- Provide medical treatments as indicated.
- Provide support for adolescent and adult victims in the investigative process. Approaches the evaluation process by providing an evaluation that is client friendly and family centered.
- Foster growth of the First STEP multidisciplinary team through communication with the investigative agencies findings of individual evaluations.
- Participate in medical case review at 70% of examiners' meetings.
- Provide continuous quality improvement of forensic medical exams as demonstrated through medical case review of photographic and written documentation of exams performed.
- Participate in community outreach. Presents inservices or other educational offerings as opportunities present.
- Provide a safe environment during the evaluation.
- Document a clear medical history, exam findings and assessment.
- Process a thorough medical record including patient registration, documented consents, and completed forms with signatures.
- Respond to First Step Resource Center, Emergency Department, other areas of the hospital, and other agencies for referrals and consults.
Required qualifications for this position include:
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Montana license as an RN.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) card must be from the following authorized governing bodies: American Heart Association (AHA) - (BLS Provider), American Red Cross (ARC) - (BLS for Health Care Provider), or Military Training Network (MTN) – (Healthcare Provider) upon hire.
Preferred qualifications for this position include:
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing (BSN)
- Three (3) years experience in direct patient care.
About the hospital you will serve.
Providence St. Patrick Hospital in Missoula, Montana has more than 250 licensed beds and serves patients from 17 counties. We have been recognized as a Thomson Reuters Top 100 Hospital, have achieved Magnet status granted by the ANCC, and have earned the Premier Award for Quality award repeatedly, as well as received numerous other awards. Missoula is halfway between Yellowstone and Glacier National Park. It is a university city of 65,000, surrounded by big sky, scenic mountains, forests and renowned rivers.