Experienced Structured Cabling Technician - #156572
Orion Integration Group
Date: 02/23/2021 19:30 PM
City: Boise, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Orion Integration Group (OIG) is growing! What is OIG?
Orion Integration Group is a full service systems integrator offering our clients a range of solutions such as voice and data structured cabling, video surveillance, access control, network security and backups, managed IT services and VoIP/telephony. Mindful of our primary mission, we will endeavor to enrich our employees' careers and quality of life, while striving to fulfill our role as a leader in the corporate community.
Orion's mission is to enhance our clients’ communications capabilities with the most innovative and technologically advanced products and services available in the market today. We aim to create communication networks that exceed the expectations of our clients and span the gap toward their future needs. Mindful of our primary mission, we will endeavor to enrich our employees' careers and quality of life, while striving to fulfill our role as a leader in the corporate community.
Due to our continued growth and success in new markets, we have positions open for experienced Structured Cabling and Communication Technicians. We are looking for experienced individuals that are interested in growing into a leadership position within our company which would include training other technicians, learning new skills, becoming proficient in utilizing advanced technology tools, leading teams in the field and providing input and technical support to project managers and the sales team.
What You’ll Do Here...
• Install, terminate and test low voltage cables and fiber optical cables (twisted pair, coax, tray cable, stranded and solid conductor low voltage, single mode and multi-mode fiber optical).
• Route cable through conduit, above ceilings and between floors per job specifications
• Read and comprehend technical schematics, operation manuals, maintenance instructions and procedures
• Know all industry standards (NEC, TIA/EIA, BICSI)
• Identify color codes for 568A, 568B, 6 strand fiber, 12 strand fiber, 25 pair and 50 pair
• Provide or re-locate cable and modular connections
• Assist in installation of communications hardware
• Complete projects within budget, on time and in a safe manner• Maintain the company’s high standard of quality and professionalism with regards to workmanship, customer relations, team members, behavior and appearance
• Submit required OIG project information (timesheets, expense reports, customer deliverables, etc.) on time
• Adhere to all required project safety requirements as set forth by OIG and OSHA
• Perform other related duties as assigned
Physical Demands and Work Environment…
• At times, this job can be physically demanding and might require working in somewhat confined places. Climbing ladders, pulling, lifting, bending are all in a day’s work. You get a good work out without paying gym membership fees!
Work Hours and Travel...
• Full time - we operate during standard business hours, Monday-Friday for many projects, however we occasionally adjust the workdays to work after-hours and weekends if our customers require it which means you might have weekdays off!
• Our focus is regional but we often have a need for travel within the United States. Travel needs are hard to predict, but range from two weeks at a time (several times a year), to just a couple days (regularly) to weeks on end working in town. Ability to travel is a requirement for this position.
What We Are Looking For…
• Outstanding communication (verbal and written) and cooperation with management, team members, vendors and customers.
• Motivation and willingness to learn
• Punctuality and reliability
• Ability to troubleshoot and/or resolve practical problems
What You’ll Need…
• Valid driver’s license, good driving record and clean background check
• Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen
• High School Diploma or GED
• Basic hand tools necessary to perform required work (industry standard),
Valued But Not Required (we will teach you!)…
• Industry and manufacturer specific certifications are huge plus (BICSI, Panduit, Corning, Leviton and Ortronics)
• Small PBX phone experience
• One year certificate from college/technical school
Benefits: Retirement plan, profit sharing plan and PTO (Personal time off.), and certain expense reimbursements and health insurance once certain requirements are met. Potential incentives for continuing education, industry and multi-state certifications.
The opportunity to join a fun, forward-looking company with a history of success that will help you achieve your goals awaits you!
Competitive Pay Rate consistent with experience.