Supervisory IT Specialist (InfoSec/PLCYPLN) - #156563
Department of Defense
Date: 02/23/2021 19:00 PM
City: Wahiawa, Hawaii
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
You will serve as a SUPERVISORY IT SPECIALIST (INFOSEC/PLCYPLN) directing the Shore IT Infrastructure Planning Division of the Plans, Programs and Requirements Department, Code N5 of NCTAMS PACIFIC .
Learn more about this agency
- You will act as the Command's Shore IT Infrastructure Planning Division Director with responsibility for all aspects of NCTAMS PAC's IT Infrastructure planning, research, development and implementation of relative projects.
- You will assist in providing telecommunication and information services for Naval, joint, and coalition operations in the Indo-Pacific areas of responsibility.
- You will provide instruction, coordinate scheduling, evaluate work techniques, and provide technical assistance to supervised personnel in regards to IT and telecommunication issues, applications, services or equipment.
- You will represent the command as the IT expert in a variety of different operating environments, both structured and unstructured.
- You will establish timetables for IT programs/projects planning, execution and transition to operations and maintenance support.
- You will provide guidance and assistance to regional commands, as required, for all matters pertaining to Information Assurance and Defensive Cyber Operations/Zero Trust.
- You will develop mid and long-range plans and related government cost estimates required for budget submission.
Occasional travel - You may be expected to travel for this position.
- Job family (Series)
2210 Information Technology Management
Conditions of Employment
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must be determined suitable for federal employment.
- Must participate in the direct deposit pay program.
- New employees to the Department of the Navy will be required to successfully pass the E-Verify employment verification check. To learn more about E-Verify, including your rights and responsibilities, visit e-verify.gov
- Within the Department of Defense (DoD), the appointment of retired military members within 180 days immediately following retirement date to a civilian position is subject to the provisions of 5 United States Code 3326.
- Males born after 12-31-59 must be registered for Selective Service.
- Supervisors in the executive branch have a heightened personal responsibility for advancing government ethics. You will be required to review the 14 General Principles of Ethical Conduct at 5 CFR 2635.101.
- You will be required to obtain and maintain an interim and/or final Top Secret/SCI security clearance prior to entrance on duty. Failure to obtain and maintain the required level of clearance may result in the withdrawal of a job offer or removal.
- This position is subject to a polygraph examination.
- This position is designated as a Cyber IT/Cybersecurity Workforce position. You must obtain and maintain the credentials as described in SECNAV M-5239.2 for specialty area 752 level within 12 months of appointment.
- Successful completion of a pre-employment drug test (including marijuana) is required. A tentative offer of employment will be rescinded if you fail to report to the drug test appointment or pass the test. You will be subject to random testing.
- This position requires annual filing of Financial Statements of employment and financial interests.
- In accordance with DODI 1440.25, Volume 3005, Section 3015, all employees newly appointed to a CES position will serve a 3-year probationary period.
- Occasional off site travel is required.
- This is a Special-Sensitive position.
- This position requires completion of specialized competitive source training.
- Failure to meet conditions of employment may result in disciplinary and/or adverse action up to removal from federal service.
Applicants must have directly applicable experience that demonstrates the possession of knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies necessary for immediate success in the position. Qualifying experience may have been acquired in any public or private sector job, but will clearly demonstrate past experience in the application of the particular competencies or knowledge, skills and abilities necessary to successfully perform the duties of the position. Such experience is typically in or directly relates to the work of the position to be filled. Qualifying experience would be demonstrated by .
1- Attention to Detail- Is thorough when performing work and conscientious about attending to detail. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include directing activities and meeting established goals.
2- Customer Service- Works with clients and customers (that is, any individuals who use or receive the services or products that your work unit produces, including the general public, individuals who work in the agency, other agencies, or organizations outside the Government) to assess their needs, provide information or assistance, resolve their problems, or satisfy their expectations; knows about available products and services; is committed to providing quality products and services. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include ensuring the IT program is in compliance with higher authority policies and guidelines.
3- Oral Communication- Expresses information (for example, ideas or facts) to individuals or groups effectively, taking into account the audience and nature of the information (for example, technical, sensitive, controversial); makes clear and convincing oral presentations; listens to others, attends to nonverbal cues, and responds appropriately. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include interfacing with IT and telecommunication managers from various agencies.
4- Problem Solving: Identifies problems; determines accuracy and relevance of information; uses sound judgment to generate and evaluate alternatives, and to make recommendations. IT-related experience demonstrating this competency include resolving critical problems in agency wide system and develops new approaches and techniques.
AND Qualifying experience would be demonstrated by:
- Assigning work to employees based on priorities, selective consideration of the difficulty, assignment requirements, employee's capabilities, and professional development needs regarding IT and telecommunications issues, applications, services or equipment.
- Establishing timetables for IT programs and project planning, execution and transition, and operations and maintenance for large scale information systems integration and sustainment.
- Demonstrating general and specific competence in the analysis, design and development of information systems, data communications and IT security to include cyber security and Zero Trust Architecture (ZTA) capability models.
- Managing information system requirements and defining unclassified and classified LAN, WAN or related infrastructure functions within the command and across the enterprise.
- Managing and implementing plans to competitively and/or strategically source functions and/or services in accordance with applicable Department of the Navy documentation.
- Assisting in the development and interpretation of security policies, procedures and guidelines to identify the need for and develop/integrate important refinements to command IT and telecommunication areas.
This position is within the Work Category Supervisory & Management at Work Level Senior Work Level III, Series and Grade GG-14.
Additional qualifications information can be found from the following Department of Defense website: https://dodcio.defense.gov/Cyber-Workforce/CES.aspxxqttzadavcxcbszsqyautyfrbst
This job does not have an education qualification requirement.