Material Packer-2nd or 3rd Shift - #156561
Date: 02/23/2021 19:00 PM
City: Ennis, Texas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Associated Materials is the parent company for leading building product brands such as Alside, Gentek, Revere, Alpine and Preservation. With a legacy of over 65 years in business, we create, develop, manufacture, extrude and distribute beautiful siding, windows and more throughout our network of North American company-owned distributors. If you’re searching for a rewarding career, consider AMI!
Reporting directly to the Team Leads, Operator, and department supervisor, the Material Packer ensures proper and efficient packaging of Vinyl Siding and accessory products. The Packer position also must assure product quality.
- Proper packaging and labeling of the product to ensure proper product delivery
- To ensure proper product quality by way of visual inspection and random audits
- Efficiency measured by way of quality, work efficiency, safety; teamwork; and attitude
DAY TO DAY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all packer duties including, packing boxes, and erecting cartons, assisting on startups, shutdown, and product changes.
- Require to maintain and exceed all quality standards.
- Maintain a clean and organized packaging area.
- Performs all scheduled line quality checks
- Use of tape measure to determine material conformance.
- Conducts box count and output data collection regularly.
- Must be Safety conscious throughout and promote safety awareness
- Use hand saw to cut material
- High School Diploma or equivalent desirable
- Must be Safety conscious oriented.
- Experience with manufacturing/ plastics extrusion industry is desirable, but not required
- Basic math skills required (including fractions).
- Must be detail oriented.
- Light lifting required up to 30 pounds.
- Must be able and willing to pack any line.
- Must be willing to work overtime.
- Must be willing to work in hot, fast paced environment.
- Must be able to work standing on feet 8 or more hours a day.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Recruiters: Please note that Associated Materials, Alside and any of its affiliated companies does not seek or accept unsolicited resumes or offers of recruiting service associated with any published or unpublished employment opportunities. Any unsolicited information sent to AMI or any of its employees will be considered as unencumbered and free from any fee or charge whatsoever. Only members of our Human Resources Team have authority to engage or authorize recruiting services. Any questions regarding recruiting services of any kind must be sent to jobs at associatedmaterials dot com