HVAC Product Manager - #156537
Date: 02/23/2021 18:30 PM
City: Watertown, Massachusetts
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology - with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
Work in a collaborative, innovative, and flexible environment. This role will identify new opportunities and translate needs from users into new product concepts and ranges. This role will require close collaboration with engineering/R&D, marketing, sales, and suppliers. Additional responsibilities include product development and portfolio management of current and new unitary and ductless split heat pumps, air handling units, controls, and water source heat pumps.
The HVAC Product Manager will fully support product life cycle management through the Time-To-Market product development process. Results include, but are not limited to; profit/loss calculations, marketing plans, sales & volume forecasting, development of new product pipeline, and other support metrics.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyzes North American HVAC market trends and potentials in cooperation with the different production sites worldwide, develop product strategy.
- Lead customer sensing/user experience studies required to refine product design requirements and define trends for the North American HVAC markets.
- Provide market summaries including trends, competitive landscape and regulatory updates.
- Lead activity to identify and provide for competitive products including new product concepts and ranges for the marketplace.
- Develops the product roadmap and coordinates the product life cycle management for the company’s products in alignment with the North America sales regions and with the corporate goals.
- Actively participates in the new product development projects through the Time-To-Market process, including being responsible to coordinate the market requirements, pricing, industrial design, product information and training.
- Coordinates and/or completes marketing analysis on competitive products prior to development efforts to identify unique selling points, costs/pricing and technical specifications.
- Supports product market research and identification of new product opportunities while working with sales, marketing and other departments.
- Thought leader for product innovation within the broader organization.
- Some domestic and international travel may be required. (up to 15%)
- BS in Engineering with minimum 3 years’ experience in product management or product development roles.
- 3+ years of experience with qualitative and quantitative methodologies to understand customer needs, with experience in developing requirements, based on customers’ insights.
- 3+ years of experience in leading complex cross-functional projects.
- Mechanical engineering or electrical engineering background.
- 5+ years' experience in product management or product development roles.
- HVAC product knowledge and/or consumer goods industry experience, strongly preferred.
- Motivated self-starter, driver for results, proven success in leading cross-functional teams to achieve successful results.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal and communications skills. Project management skills a plus.
- Able to work under pressure, make decisions, set goals, and adapt to different situations.
- Team player able to operate with independence and enthusiasm.
- Ability to plan, forecast, and analyze trends.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce - EOE/Protected Veteran/Disabled.
Indefinite U.S. work authorized individuals only. Future sponsorship for work authorization unavailable.