Sr. Counsel - #156534
FedEx Cross Border
Date: 02/23/2021 18:30 PM
City: Memphis, Tennessee
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Company: FedEx Corporate
Job Title: Sr. Counsel
Job Requisition Number: RC331834
Pay Type: Exempt
Memphis, Tennessee 38120
- FedEx is seeking an attorney with demonstrated experience in negotiating commercial transactions with experience in handling matters involving telecommunications, technology or computer/internet law for its corporate legal department. The position is located at its headquarters in Memphis, Tennessee.
- To provide legal counsel and advice to the corporation and its subsidiaries to ensure their effective operation in accordance with federal, state and local Laws.
Job Specific Responsibilities:
- Providing legal support to internal clients on matters relating to information technology and telecommunications procurement of software, hardware and related or associated services
- Drafting and negotiating vendor agreements related to information technology and telecommunications procurement of software, hardware and related or associated services especially SaaS and cloud based services and technologies
- Providing legal support to internal clients on outbound licensing of supporting technologies, such as shipping, rating and tracking customer tools
- Providing legal support to internal clients in support of mobile application development, application development outsourcing, and use and management of Open Source Software.
- Juris Doctorate Degree from an A.B.A. accredited law school and admission to the bar.
- Ten (10) years' experience as an attorney with at least three (3) years' experience in job specific area of law.
- Superior academic record.
- Ability to determine appropriateness of settlement or litigation.
- Excellent research and writing skills.
- Strong negotiation, human relations and communications skills.
Additional Qualifications Essential For Role:
- Demonstrated legal practice experience in handling the negotiation and documentation of commercial transactions involving the purchase and sale of goods and services with experience in handling matters involving technology and licensing, including software procurement, development and outbound licensing, use and management of Open Source Software, telecommunications services procurement, and related procurement of hardware and professional services including limited, project based outsourcing (law firm and/or in house)
- A member in good standing of a state bar and able to be admitted to practice law in the State of Tennessee
- Strong working knowledge of technology issues and legal principles
- Ability to research complex legal issues and respond quickly to clients and third parties
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; excellent organizational and time management skills; ability to prioritize multiple assignments and meet deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills essential for effective interaction and coordination with internal clients
- This position is in Memphis, Tennessee. Relocation assistance may be available based on business needs.
- Upload current copy of Resume (Microsoft Word or PDF) and answer job screening questions to apply by close of business (5:00 PM CST) on March 5, 2021.
FedEx Corporate is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetics disability, or protected Veteran status.
FedEx Corporate will make reasonable accommodations for the known physical or mental limitations of an otherwise qualified individual with a disability who is an applicant or an employee, unless undue hardship or a direct threat would result from the accommodation. If reasonable accommodation is needed to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and/or to receive other benefits and privileges of employment, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.