Bioinformatician - #156530
Date: 02/23/2021 18:30 PM
City: Mountain View, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
DNAnexus is the leading cloud-based SaaS company serving the global life science community. DNAnexus’ health informatics platform serves customers across a spectrum of industries — government, biopharmaceutical, clinical diagnostics, healthcare, and academic research in 33 countries with compliant protection of data, privacy, and intellectual property. The platform provides a secure and collaborative environment where genomics, multi-omics, and real world data can be combined with clinical data at scale, providing new insights that can lead to improved diagnostics, new targeted therapies and better patient care.
DNAnexus xVantage Group is passionate about partnerships and client success. Our partnership culture is as important as the technology we provide our clients. Our mission is to help our clients achieve their research and clinical goals with the DNAnexus solutions and services. Our team includes highly sought after experts including data scientists, bioinformaticians, cloud computing experts, and software engineers.
This is an exciting opportunity to join DNAnexus’ growing team. We are looking for a bioinformatician who enjoys working hands-on with other scientists, software engineers, and clients to solve informatics challenges on the UK Biobank (UKB) Research Analysis Platform (RAP) cloud platform. As a member of the Innovation team in the DNAnexus xVantage organization, you will work with industry leaders across all aspects of genomics, gaining exposure to leading genomic science and application development.
The ideal candidate will have a strong background in bioinformatics, computational biology, translational informatics or related fields. She or he will have experience in crafting solutions combining a variety of software frameworks to aid in the analysis of genomics data in combination with various forms of phenotypic, transcriptomic, metabolomic, and other clinical and molecular data. She or he will have an extremely strong background in NGS, statistics and data analysis.
- Research, integrate, test and validate new bioinformatics methods on the DNAnexus Platform.
- Ability to develop reusable, well-tested software in WDL, Python, R or shell scripting.
- Design data standards and integrate normalized genomics datasets on the DNAnexus platform.
- Work directly with clients to assess their scientific and bioinformatics needs and creatively propose solutions to meet or exceed these needs.
- Introduce DNAnexus to prospective customers and demonstrate how we can help them migrate to the cloud.
- Teach new customers how to use the DNAnexus platform and SDK to develop their own analytic tools.
- Advance our relationships with scientific and technical users, achieve customer satisfaction objectives, and grow our active user base.
- Synthesize learnings from customers to help direct our technology development roadmap.
- M.S. in bioinformatics, computational biology, computer science or related biotechnology field; Ph.D. and interdisciplinary exposure preferred.
- Strong programming ability in relevant frameworks and languages such as WDL, CWL, Nextflow, Python, R or shell scripting.
- Hands-on experience with genomics sequence analysis, for example, using popular tools such as PLINK and BCFtools.
- Experience integrating and harmonizing genotypic and phenotypic data.
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills. This also requires the ability to effectively communicate complex topics with a diverse audience.
- Enjoys interacting closely with DNAnexus clients.
Below are the skills that are highly desirable, but are not required. DNAnexus will provide the necessary training to qualified candidates:
- Excellent leadership qualities, interpersonal skills, and verbal and written communication skills.
- Understanding of cloud computing and high-performance computing.
- Familiarity with software development and project management processes and tools (agile, JIRA, wiki, etc.).
Based in Mountain View, California, DNAnexus is experiencing rapid growth and is searching for the best talent to join our team. We recently completed a $100 million financing round to advance our growth globally to further serve leading healthcare and life science organizations. Key investors include Google Ventures, Perceptive Advisors, Northpond Ventures, TPG Biotech, and Foresite Capital.
If you are interested in joining our team, please apply today!
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.