Field Service Representative - #156513
Date: 02/23/2021 18:00 PM
City: Mobile, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Telamon is an eleven-state, non-profit corporation headquartered in Raleigh, North Carolina serving communities for 55 years. Telamon's mission is to provide educational services that lead to better jobs, better lives, and better communities. Telamon provides programs and services in three areas, Early Childhood and Family Support, Workforce Career Services, and Housing & Financial Empowerment.
Serves as the link between clients, community partners and the Agency in order to increase the access, utilization and retention of program services. Provides education and support to clients.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Provides information and education to the community about available Agency programs and other community resources.This can be done in-person, by telephone or a group presentation format.
2. Promotes programs with employers and possible clients.
3. Conducts assessments and identifies qualified participants.
4. Acts as a liaison between clients and Agency.
5. Helps clients schedule appointments and fill out paperwork.
6. Completes the enrollment process.
7. Develops and conducts client trainings.
8. Plans and participates in outreach activities.
9. Partners with other resource agencies.
10. Maintains records.
11. May perform general office administrative work.
12. Maintains confidentiality.
13. Attends job fairs.
14. Participates in staff meetings, committees and training sessions.
15. May translate.
16. Perform all other duties as assigned by the Program Coordinator.
This position has no direct supervisory duties but is expected to train or explain work procedures to others.
Education and Experience Requirements
•High school diploma (or G.E.D.) is required.
•Minimum of 1 year of experience in a role that required excellent communication skills.
•Must have own transportation, a valid driver’s license, and vehicle insurance.
Skills and Abilities:
•Microsoft Office products and on-line client management systems.
•Bilingual ability is required.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
•Work is performed mostly in the community, in a variety of settings.
•Driving/sitting for prolong periods of time.
•Standing and walking for prolong periods of time.
•Sitting, walking, stooping, squatting, lifting (up to 30 lbs), carrying, pushing and climbing.
•Frequent exposure to adverse weather conditions.
•Exposure to dust and dirt.
•Subject to long periods of sitting and exposure to computer screen.
•Keyboarding and data entry, use of telephone.
•Conduct outreach and home visits to customer residences, exposure to potentially unsafe environments, climb stairs.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.