Lead Manufacturing Engineer - #156485
Date: 02/23/2021 18:00 PM
City: Greenville, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Job Description Summary
Engineering associated with the manufacturing process. Responsible for departmental operations planning/execution or is focused on execution of professional activities within a technical discipline. Functions with some autonomy but guided by established policies or review of end results.
The job allows modification of procedures and practices covering work as long as the end results meet standards of acceptability (quality, volume, timeliness etc.).
Job Description Summary: This Lead Manufacturing Engineer will establish internal processes that safely ensures the production of high quality products that meet compliance and project requirements. Drive continuous improvement across the product lines by owning project timelines, improving cycle & cost, and resolving technical/process issues. Lead and effectively interface with manufacturing and other support teams to complete projects to meet EHS, production, quality, and cost savings goals within schedule and budget.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Lead improvement efforts for equipment reliability, process controls, and ergonomic solutions
- Manage projects and continuous improvement efforts in accordance with plant metrics
- Own execution of capital investments delivering desired outcomes on schedule & within budget
- Work cross-functionally to support LEAN activities and new technologies
- Support product qualifications as needed
- Provide technical leadership and support for training of machinist across areas of expertise
- Maintain and improve process documentation to ensure consistent quality.
- Implement and maintain 5S solutions in assigned areas; drive culture change
- Drive improvements partnering with outside vendors to improve consumable cost
- Develop machine, fixture, and tooling strategies for new product introduction
- Develop work instructions & procedures to support operator training and process control
- Mentor others in area of expertise
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Manufacturing).
- Minimum of 3 additional years of experience in Production Process and Equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Analytical problem solving skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability.
- Comprehensive in-depth understanding of complex and highly technical concepts and principles in the own part of the function.
- Strong knowledge of technical concepts in technologies that intersect with own technical space.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications :
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable). This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment
This role is restricted to U.S. persons (i.e., U.S. citizens, permanent residents, and other protected individuals under the Immigration and Naturalization Act, 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)) due to access to export-controlled technology. GE will require proof of status prior to employment.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No