Staff Accountant - #156463
Date: 02/23/2021 17:30 PM
City: Birmingham, Alabama
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Daxko powers health & wellness throughout the world. Every day our team members focus their passion and expertise in helping health & wellness facilities operate efficiently and engage their members.
Whether a neighborhood yoga studio, a national franchise with locations in every city, a YMCA or JCC--and every type of organization in between--we build solutions that make every aspect of running and being a member of a health and wellness organization easier and delightful.
As a Staff Accountant at Daxko, you are responsible for handling the full cycle Accounts Receivable process for our non-profit product lines. This role will facilitate the billing, handle customer inquiries and payments, and manage collections for any past due accounts. You will also assist in the month-end close process and other assigned department related tasks, as necessary. You should have a strong work ethic and robust problem-solving skills to add to the existing team. To succeed in this role, you must also be thorough, self-managed, and interested in taking on multiple responsibilities within our fast-growing technology company.
The Staff Accountant reports to the Controller.
You will also...
- Handle the full cycle Accounts Receivable process including billing, customer inquiries, and collections.
- Perform detailed analysis of revenue to ensure proper treatment under US GAAP.
- Assist with various balance sheet reconciliations.
- Interpret and administer new contracts, monitor amendments, renewals and terminations, and manage billing impact.
- Assist with monthly financial close-outs and monthly schedules.
- Assist with the preparation of schedules for the annual audit and tax returns.
- Complete special projects, ad-hoc reporting and analysis requests, and other tasks as assigned
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to function well in a high-paced and at times stressful environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Required Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field
- One (1) to Two (2) years of relevant Accounting experience
- Strong knowledge of GAAP and accounting best practices and the ability to apply both every day in a practical manner
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Excel
Preferred Education and Experience:
- Two (2) to Three (3) years of relevant Accounting experience
- Experience with Intacct, AvaTax, or Concur is a plus
- Experience within a software or technology company a plus, but not required
Daxko is dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. We are committed to diversity in the broadest sense, including thought and perspective, age, ability, nationality, ethnicity, orientation, and gender. The skills, perspectives, ideas, and experiences of all of our team members contribute to the vitality and success of our purpose and values.
We truly care for our team members, and this is reflected through our offices, benefits, and great perks. Some of our favorites include:
- Flexible paid time off
- Affordable health, dental, and vision insurance options
- Monthly fitness reimbursement
- 401(k) matching
- New-Parent Paid Leave
- 1-month paid sabbatical every 5 years
- Casual work environments