Agency Nurse - #156459
The Avenue Family Network, Inc.
Date: 02/23/2021 17:00 PM
City: Benton Harbor, Michigan
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Come join our team!
The Avenue Family Network, Inc. (The Avenue) (formerly Child & Family Services of Southwestern Michigan, Inc.) originated in 1891 as the National Children's Home Society for the District of Michigan.
Since that time, our programs have changed periodically as new community needs were identified and as we grew to become a full-service agency serving children, families and adults. Today we offer services through five comprehensive divisions: Autumn House and Harbor House Adult Day Services, Shoremark Homecare Services, Cora Lamping Center and West Michigan Guardianship. We serve the people living in Berrien, Cass and Van Buren counties, with some services extending to people in eight different counties throughout Southwestern Michigan.
1. Reporting to either the Benton Harbor Adult Services Supervisor or the Autumn House Adult Day Services Supervisor, the Agency Nurse provides client care consistent with The Avenue Family Network, Inc. policies, procedures and code of conduct.
2. The Agency Nurse is responsible for administering medication, completing nursing quarterly reviews and updating care plans quarterly and, as needed, communicating with caregivers/families/ Agency Care Managers and physicians, regarding a client’s condition.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Serves as a co-chair of the Health & Safety Committee.
2. Will perform evaluation and placement of intradermal TB skin test to employees as required.
3. Helps to organize and facilitate support groups, including Powerful Tools for Caregivers groups.
4. Will conduct CPR, First Aid, medication and other trainings as needed.
5. Performs mouth swab drug screens on employees as requested by Human Resources Department.
6. Participates in agency and community trainings in order to retain licensure and promote professional growth.
7. Will maintain first aid and disaster boxes for each program.
8. Other duties as assigned.
1. Will conduct annual in-service trainings for Homecare Professionals.
2. Provides assessment, training and supervision to assigned Homecare Professionals and clients.
3. Will visit or contact via phone Shoremark clients to evaluate the care given to the client and the duties performed by the Homecare Professional.
4. Completes computerized documentation and assessments in a timely manner.
5. Maintains regular communication with Scheduler concerning changes and/or concerns regarding a Homecare Professional or a client
6. Attends Program staff meetings and facilitates discussion on any identified problems as pertinent to the position.
7. Has the ability to work as part of a team with schedulers, nurses and/or care managers from outside agencies to coordinate client care for the safety of the client (this may also include family members).
8. Provides backup coverage to Shoremark Homecare Scheduler and participates in Shoremark Homecare on-call rotation as assigned by supervisor.
Adult Day Services:
- Will observe, assess and record client’s physical and emotional status on an ongoing basis.
- Responsible for administering and maintaining medications, recording medical information and maintaining client charts according to agency approved process.
- Contacts and documents pertinent information from family/caregivers/Power of Attorney (POA)/Guardian/Agency Care Managers/physicians (with permission) for change in orders and to inform of changes or concerns in client’s conditions.
- Nursing assessment of each client on a quarterly basis.
- Will provide client and caregiver support and crisis intervention.
- Participates with the Adult Day Services team in monitoring client safety and whereabouts, including the front door.
- Assists with clients’ needs on the floor.
2. Care Management
- Assists the Program Supervisor to assess all clients on a quarterly basis.
- Must be able to carry out the daily routine at the program site with minimal supervision.
- Assists in Care management of clients and family members.
- Assists in answering phones.
- Will complete forms and reports using Microsoft Office products and/or Program specific software.
1. Demonstrated skills in nursing practice conducive to Adult Day Services and Homecare procedures (observe client in the environment, listen to clients, and patience with the elderly and disabled).
2. Demonstrated good organizational and communication skills and maintain confidentiality in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
3. Ability to utilize infection control procedures.
4. Must have the ability to lift 25 lbs.
5. Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite and using the Internet.
6. Ability to complete multiple duties and tasks correctly and on time without being prompted.
7. Willing to learn program specific computer applications.
8. Ability to work cooperatively with management and staff across all levels.
9. Working knowledge of Alzheimer’s disease, related dementia's and disabilities.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. Possession of a current license to practice as a Registered Nurse in the State of Michigan.
2. Minimum of one (1) year of Registered Nurse experience preferred.
Special Conditions of Employment:
1. Valid Driver’s License, a working motor vehicle, and proof of current vehicle insurance.
2. Undergo a State background check with no recent felony convictions and no abuse/neglect convictions.
3. Undergo and successfully pass State and National Sexual Offender Background Checks and Central Registry Clearance check.
4. Undergo and successfully pass Office of Inspector General, System for Award Management and driving record checks.
5. Pass a pre-employment Drug and Alcohol Screen.
6. Negative TB Test upon hire with follow-up TB tests as required by The Avenue policy.
7. Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including some evenings, as necessary.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
This is a full-time position. Annual salary is $48,750.00.
Benefits: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Paid Time Off, Eleven Paid Holidays, 403b Employee Retirement Fund, Supplemental Insurance through Aflac
Please visit our website: www.TheAvenue.ngo to learn more about The Avenue Family Network, Inc.
Complete an online application at: https://TheAvenueFamilyNetworkInc.appone.com