Hospice Field Service Supervisor-Ontario - #156421
NXTThing RPO, LLC
Date: 02/23/2021 16:30 PM
City: Ontario, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Joerns Healthcare is a leading national distributor of therapeutic support surfaces, bariatric care equipment; negative pressure wound therapy systems, and safe patient handling solutions. We serve special patient handling needs across the entire continuum of care, including acute care hospitals, long term acute care hospitals, skilled nursing facilities, rehabilitation facilities, and hospice centers.
We continually strive to provide the most exceptional service, the most affordable products, and the most innovative patient care solutions to our customers. We are currently searching for skilled, self-motivated and dedicated professionals to add to our team. We offer hands on training, benefits and an outstanding work environment.
Responsible for the supervision of employees and workflow within single ETC operations or Field Operations Manager’s area of responsibility (AOR). Provides leadership and work assignments for daily activities. Identify and track ETC and employee metrics. Responsible for compliance metrics and activities such as self-inspections, infection control, QC/PM and safety. When assigned by operations manager, provides coaching to staff and will performs ETC activities such as cleaning, quality control, product delivery, in-service and pick-up of company product in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product.
The Field Operations Supervisor will also perform additional responsibilities as needed, to include, delivery, pick up, and service of company product to the customer facilities in a timely and professional manner, including educating the patient/care giver on the safe operation and use of company product.
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Assigns and oversees work assignments of service employees’ duties to ensure efficient use of product, vehicles and equipment to achieve and maintain optimal customer service
2. Oversees business operations as assigned by the manager, including analysis of Scorecard and operational metrics, inventory control, quality audit and compliance with all Joerns Healthcare policies and procedures.
3. Conducts employee training and coaching. When assigned by operations manager, may conduct counseling, scheduled performance reviews and provide hiring input
4. Assists and drives overall operational improvements in areas such as customer service performance, quality control, record keeping, inventory accuracy and data integrity
5. Participates in any and all reasonable work activities as deemed appropriate and assigned by management
6. Successful completion of all designated training programs for this position
7. Conforms to, supports and enforces all Joerns Healthcare policies and procedures.
8. Builds and sustains a culture of Safety 1st , Never Say No mindset and team
9. Provide off-hours on-site leadership, likely evening and/or weekend coverage required
1. Must be 21 years of age
2. High school graduate or equivalent required
3. 3 years’ experience working in the supervision of teams/people
4. Must pass DOT physical and eye exam initially and every 2 years or as required by state
5. Ability to perform essential functions of the Working Supervisor position and pass physical functional testing as required
6. Must have strong mechanical and problem-solving skills—aptitude
7. Ability to manage change and multiple priorities 8. Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in written format
9. Ability to operate independently and efficiently without supervision
10. Ability to deal effectively with employees and business contacts and convey a positive service oriented attitude
11. Demonstrated ability to maintain complete confidentiality and exercise discretion in all business dealings
12. Must be willing to travel by commercial air service to attend scheduled business and corporate functions when required
13. Ability to engage in self-appraisal and continuous learning
14. Intermediate level computer skills such as Outlook email, Microsoft Excel, and smart phones such as IPhone or Android
1. Work around patients in a healthcare facility/home base facility environment
2. General exposure to hospitals and VA facilities
3. Work in non-climate controlled areas; subject to seasonal temperatures
4. Occasional travel up to two weeks at a time
5. Sitting, standing for prolonged periods of time – up to/exceeding 8 hours per day
6. Moderate to loud noise levels
7. General/mild exposure to hazardous chemicals
8. Fast paced environment, subject to numerous schedule and priority changes and short notice activities
9. Working in company’s uniform Joerns Healthcare Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All candidates are selected solely on the basis of legally permissible job-related criteria.
All candidate information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.