Broadcast Director - #156410
Date: 02/23/2021 16:00 PM
City: Des Moines, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The successful candidate will direct live newscasts, taped webcasts, cut-ins, local programs, and commercial projects as required; determines camera angles, lighting, Master Control, Audio, Ingest. Effective interaction with a control room team from multiple departments is critical to success. The Broadcast Director will work closely with the Newsroom and technology to ensure that operations all newscasts, programs, and projects are executed flawlessly. Strong leadership and organizational skills are a must. Communication skills are critical.
- Direct local production while operating the production switcher.
- Build production rundown for production crew.
- Assist News Producers with production elements
- Operate audio board when assigned.
- Operate handheld cameras when assigned.
- Direct live elements for on location.
- Promotions production News and some Syndicated programming.
- Must have a strong working knowledge of studio and location equipment including, but not limited to, studio lighting equipment, teleprompter, switcher.
- Knowledge of Ross, Chyron and other control room automation is a big plus.
- Excellent communication skills required, with an emphasis on working as a team with producers.
- Experience leading teams of people.
- 1+ year relevant experience.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. With 63 television stations in 51 U.S. markets, TEGNA is the largest owner of top 4 network affiliates in the top 25 markets among independent station groups, reaching approximately 39 percent of all television households nationwide. TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks True Crime Network and Quest. TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS) offers innovative solutions to help businesses reach consumers across television, digital and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA's OTT advertising service. For more information, visit URL blocked - click to apply.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.