Marketing Producer - #156407
Date: 02/23/2021 16:00 PM
City: Des Moines, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Local 5 (WOI-TV) and sister station CW Iowa 23 (KCWI-TV) are looking for a full-time Marketing Producer. The right candidate is an innovator with bold ideas and a passion for video production. This person will produce high-quality, compelling, original creative across multiple platforms. Content creation includes station promotions, community and sales initiatives, and newscast elements. Strong scriptwriting, shooting, editing, and graphics/animation are a must.
This Marketing Producer should have a good understanding of brand and style guides and know how to incorporate those into animated graphic designs for marketing and newscast content needs. We're looking for an energetic can-do person, capable of handling projects with little direction. This person fits the culture of the team if they love collaboration and bring a positive enthusiasm to all their work.
- Develop and execute creative brand concepts for the stations; on-air, digital, social platforms
- Create stunning graphic design assets for marketing, news content and sales presentation needs
- Coordinate approved contesting for marketing and sales initiatives
- Foster social media engagement; news content, programming, community and sales partnerships
- Other duties as assigned
- College degree in marketing, advertising, design or related field preferred.
- 2+ years of relevant professional work experience or related experience – shared via a demo reel, website or video channel (writing, shooting, editing and motion graphics).
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite and other video production tools, such as Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop, and Illustrator.
- Ability to conceptualize and pitch innovative campaigns and bold ideas to build the brand.
- Strong writing skills are essential.
- Competent in operation of production equipment, advanced lighting techniques and systems related to location and studio setups, including sound recording.
- Digital video cameras, such as C100/C300. Still photography experience preferred.
- Must be a self-starter with the ability to prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Must be an effective communicator in a fast-paced environment across all departments.
- Must be comfortable working with commercial clients and community partners.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule that may require being present in breaking news/big story situations, along with some night and weekend assignments.
- Able to lift and/or move 40 lbs., climb or balance, kneel or crouch.
- Valid driver's license and safe driving record.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.