Service Technician - #156404
Date: 02/23/2021 16:00 PM
City: Dubuque, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Murphy-Hoffman Company (MHC) is North America's largest Kenworth truck dealership group. As MHC continues to grow, we have an opening for a Diesel Service Technician. The role of the Diesel Service Technician is to perform heavy-duty mechanical repair under general supervision, receive on the job training in a development program to achieve Diesel Service Journeyman status.
- Perform and/or assist in the performance of general mechanical duties
- Gain experience by working on the following items with minimal supervision: engine overhaul, fuel systems, electrical systems, transmissions, cooling systems, chassis, brakes, engine tune-up, and general maintenance
- Work on major components with close supervision
- Perform trouble shooting on minor problems
- Attend training sessions and meetings.
- Maintains a neat and orderly working area, and proper handling of company tools.
- Advises the Shop Foreman if additional repair work is necessary.
- Follows safe work practices and procedures, uses safety equipment when required, responds to suggestions for working safely and seeks assistance when necessary.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
- CDL preferred
- Minimum three years of hands-on diesel experience or graduate of vocational diesel courses
- A/C, Brake and DOT Annual Inspector Certifications required
- Necessary tools to perform position responsibilities