Poker Dealer/Dual Rate Poker Supervisor - #156380
Penn National Gaming
Date: 02/23/2021 15:30 PM
City: Bay St Louis, Mississippi
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Don't just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino Gulf Coast, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
As a Poker Dealer:
- Knowledge of and enforcement of all gaming laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Poker Department
- Adheres to all gaming commission and company and departmental policies and procedures while dealing assigned games.
- Make accurate and clear chip and cash transactions.
- Informs Poker Assistant Shift Manager when a mistake is made or a dispute arises, or of any unnatural or irregular play.
- Verifies, by signature, all clerical transactions.
- Assists customers with any problems or requests.
- Exhibits a friendly, helpful and courteous manner when dealing with customers and fellow Team members.
- Any and all duties as assigned by your Manager or a member of management.
As a Poker Supervisor:
- Knowledge of and enforcement of all gaming laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Poker Department.
- Supervises all Poker team members.
- Recommends any changes (game spread and mix, personnel adjustments, etc.) that may be beneficial.
- Authorizes credit and comps in accordance with established policies.
- Submits daily shifts reports and keeps the VP of Operations informed at all times.
- Assists with hiring, scheduling, training, counseling, evaluating, and termination of Poker team members.
- Assists customers with any problems or requests.
- Monitors the Poker Room internal security.
- Ensures that all equipment is in good working order.
- In the absence of other department heads, assists with settling problems and disputes.
- Maintains gaming integrity while ensuring customers expectations are met or exceeded for their assigned shift.
- Any and all duties as assigned by your VP or a member of management.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- Must be 21 years of age or older. Ability to manage, motivate and supervise case members.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required; Associate degree in related field preferred.
- Minimum two (2) year of experience as a Poker Dealer with proficiency; prior supervisory experience preferred, but not required.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret common scientific and technical journals, financial reports, and legal documents. Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community. Ability to write speeches and articles for publication that conform to prescribed style and format. Ability to effectively present information to top management, public groups, and/or boards of directors.
- Ability to apply advanced mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical theory.
- Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of database software.
- Must be able to obtain a Gaming Permit.
- Must successfully complete ServSafe Alcohol training certification course.
- Knowledge of casino games and casino operations; Ability to recognize casino cheating scams, team member embezzlement, etc.; Strong customer service skills; Extensive background in casino operations; Extensive supervisory and management experience in Casino operations.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly required to stand or walk and talk or hear. The team member is occasionally required to sit and use hands to finger, handle, or feel. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision and depth perception.
- While performing the duties of this job, the team member is regularly exposed to fumes or airborne particles. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there's a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you'll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer