Genomics Specialist - #156366
Date: 02/23/2021 15:00 PM
City: Redwood City, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
About the company
Guardant Health is a leading precision oncology company focused on helping conquer cancer globally through use of its proprietary blood tests, vast data sets and advanced analytics. Guardant Health’s Oncology Platform is designed to leverage its capabilities in technology, clinical development, regulatory and reimbursement to improve patient clinical outcomes and lower healthcare costs. In pursuit of its goal to manage cancer across all stages of the disease, Guardant Health has launched multiple liquid biopsy-based tests, Guardant360CDx and GuardantOMNI, for patients with advanced cancer, which fuel its LUNAR development programs for cancer recurrence and early detection. Since its launch in 2014, Guardant360 has been used by more than 7,000 oncologists, over 50 biopharmaceutical companies and at all 27 of the National Comprehensive Cancer Network centers.
About the Role
The primary role of a Genomics Specialist is to review Guardant360 reports with physicians and assist with the interpretation of the results. In addition the Genomics Specialist is an adept communicator of the most current education materials supporting the clinical value of Guardant Health’s product(s). These materials include speaker slides, abstracts and publications. The Genomics Specialist will directly educate ordering physicians by reviewing their results and aiding in their interpretation. The Genomic Specialist will assist members of the medical affairs team with data pulls and descriptive data analyses for use in abstracts/manuscripts.
The Genomics Specialist will be effective at translating data from research study findings and reviewing published articles in the next generation sequencing (NGS) arena. The Genomics Specialist does not make recommendations regarding clinical care decisions, but is facile with genomics-directed matched therapies and clinical trials. The role of the Genomics Specialist position also involves supporting education and training of the sales and customer service teams.
- Introduce new physician utilizers of NGS testing to interpretation of reports.
- Prepare case reviews for more advanced training of physicians in report interpretation.
- Work closely with assigned sales region(s) to provide Medical Affairs support, both internally and externally.
- Provide real-time support to answer providers questions through our live call transfer process.
- Support provider engagement through proactive outreach initiatives.
- Function as a clinical resource to the sales & marketing team with participation in medical updates, scientific presentations, journal clubs, teleconferences, and meetings as requested.
- Provide input based on new study findings and publications into sales and customer service training, and marketing collaterals.
- Critically review and develop educational materials for sales and customer service teams, and hold periodic trainings.
- Synopsize and educate key personnel regarding emerging abstracts and publications relevant to molecular testing.
· Perform data queries and descriptive data analyses for use in abstracts/manuscripts.
· Represent medical affairs to provide input on cross-functional projects requiring genomic specialist involvement.
· Clinical expertise or related experience in relevant specialties is highly desirable.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of healthcare experience in the pharmaceutical or biotech industry.
· Prior experience as an Genomics Specialist in the introduction of a novel new clinical product is highly desired.
· Applies advanced knowledge of the biotechnology, diagnostics and pharmaceutical industry.
· Ability to apply advanced knowledge of company product specifications.
· Intermediate-to-advanced knowledge of the following computer software programs: Microsoft Office: Powerpoint, Excel, and Word
· Ability to work independently and remotely while maintaining a strong teamwork ethic.
· Multi-dimensional in abilities to work on simultaneous tasks, work cross-team and at different levels of the organization, whether internal or external relationships to the organization.
· Self-directed, intrinsically motivated, flexible to changes in an ever changing dynamic environment.
· Strong problem-solving skills, good attention to detail, time management skills and personal initiative.
· Exceptional human relations skills to coordinate the accomplishment of tasks through other people.
· Outstanding oral presentation skills.
· Highly developed written skills, the ability to produce documents for dissemination both inside and outside the organization for presentations, technical briefs and scientific publications.
· Ability to elicit and answer clinical questions in groups ranging from individuals to larger didactic roundtables and meetings.
· Ability to address high-level experts in the scientific field at company-sponsored events and trade shows.
· Excellent proofreading skills, with the ability to proof for proper grammar, spelling, punctuation, and formatting of documents.
· Experience with data queries and descriptive statistic analyses using Microsoft excel.
· Master’s degree or higher preferred.
Please visit our career page at: http://www.guardanthealth.com/jobs/
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.