Mortgage Loan Production Assistant - Greenville - #156316
South State Bank
Date: 02/23/2021 14:30 PM
City: Greenville, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
This position assists the Mortgage Loan Originator (MLO) as a point of contact for customers, builders, and realtors during the application process and supports the MLO in their effort to increase production volume for the area as directed by the MLO. Insures compliance with South State Bank's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and other operating procedures. Completes compliance training, adheres to all anti-money laundering guidelines and procedures, and all regulatory requirements.
- Assists MLO as a point of contact for customers, builders, and realtors during the application process.
- Supports the MLO in their effort to increase production volume for the area as directed by the MLO.
- Tracks loans through closing, answering customer questions regarding status of files and underwriting requirements.
- Manages all operational duties of the MLO including inputting of the loan into the mortgage LOS and all necessary loan documents for/from the client. Responsible for reviewing and analyzing contracts, credit history, and income documentation, and accurately onboarding this detailed information into the LOS.
- Follows up with clients to collect missing documentation on the loan.
- Clerical - Performs clerical duties, including preparing correspondence, making copies of borrower information, filing, organizing loan files, etc.
- Marketing - Maintains and updates MLO customer databases, mails thank you notes to customers and realtors, implements realtor and customer marketing campaigns, prepares marketing items. Helps with coordinating open houses and related flyers.
- Trouble Shooting/Pinch-Hitting – This individual strives to fill-in, when possible, for the MLO when he/she is unavailable. They answer the MLO's phone, returns calls, attempts to find answers to customers' questions by coordinating with the MLO, processors, or management.
- Maintains customer advocacy by providing exceptional customer service in every customer transaction. Achieves a customer satisfaction rating of at least 95%.
- Owns customer issues – resolves customer issues promptly and effectively.
- Keeps all parties of the transaction informed of loan progression and status.
- Submits all applications within pre-determined time frames to avoid any adverse action violations
- Limits RESPA financial issues within the predetermined amount.
- Accepts and performs other duties as determined to be essential.
- Required Annual Compliance Training
- Recommended Additional Training:
- Training will be required to stay up to date and compliant with changing Federal and State Rules and Regulations.