Production Supervisor - 1st Shift - #156314
Date: 02/23/2021 14:30 PM
City: Wilsonville, Oregon
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Eaton Corporation's Power Distribution and Control Assemblies Division, (PDCA) has an opening for a Production Supervisor located in Portland (Wilsonville), OR at the Portland Power Center.
Position Overview :
This position reports directly to the Operations Manager. The production supervisor will be responsible for managing and directing designated assembly operations to produce and ship product representing $15-20M in annual sales with a focus on safety, quality, on time delivery, labor productivity, and continuous improvement. This individual will lead and manage 20 to 45 direct reports. This Communicates, interacts, and coordinates with employees in all functions across the business.
Making what matters work at Eaton takes the passion of every employee around the world. We create an environment where creativity, invention and discovery become reality, each and every day. It's where bold, bright professionals like you can reach your full potential—and where you can help us reach ours
In this role you will:
- Manage and enforce safety standards, following all safety rules and procedures including PPE standards, addressing unsafe conditions, and investigating incidents or observations.
- Motivate and develop direct reports to optimize successful employees and ensure strong employee performance. Lead in the coaching and counseling activities surrounding direct reports while simultaneously administering and maintaining Eaton Corporation policies and plant policies.
- Lead daily tier meetings, review daily goals, interrupters, and metrics.
- Be a role model for a fast learning, adaptive culture by using the Continuous Improvement Framework (process checks, leader standard work, daily accountability, visual controls, Gemba walks, etc.)
- Provide final quality check on completed product prior to shipment.
- Transparently communicate production updates to management and maintain active communications between all levels of plant personnel.
- Hold subordinates accountable for attendance and complete payroll in a timely fashion.
- Ensure that department work areas are kept clean, organized and orderly per 5S standards.
- Evaluate and calculate the production manning strategy.
- Flex to assist other product lines and areas of the plant as necessary.
When we embrace the different ideas, perspectives and backgrounds that make each of us unique, we- as individuals and as a company – are stronger.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution.
- Minimum three (3) years' work experience in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship now or in the future.
- Experience managing a team.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Project.
- Continuous improvement familiarity.
- Manning strategy / labor planning experience.
- Experience working in a manufacturing environment (sales, inventory, production).
- Proficient in MS Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook,).
- Focused on safety.
- Predisposition towards action and empathy towards others.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to work in fast-paced, change oriented environment.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you'll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That's why Eaton is dedicated to improving people's lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.
We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We're ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we're committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Manufacturing & Operations
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: ESSG PDCAD Power Distrib Control Assy Div
Job Level: Team Leader/Supervisor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only