Medical Assistant / Care Coordinator - #156307
Date: 02/23/2021 14:00 PM
City: Forestville, Maryland
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
3424 Donnell Dr, Forestville, Maryland, 19355-1456, United States of America
Be different. Do what you love. Join DaVita as a Medical Assistant!
LOCATION: Suitland, Maryland Region
- MUST LIVE LOCALLY - THIS IS NOT A REMOTE POSITION*
- REGIONAL TRAVEL POSITION *
- MILEAGE, PHONE, INTERNET REIMBURSEMENTS*
It takes a village to care for our patients and as the Care Coordinator, you will be at the heart of all the action. Our Care Coordinators will work together as a team to facilitate the planning and organizing of all critical activities for our patients. The patients we care for are some of the most complex patients in the Suitland, MD area and need an excellent care team to help manage their complex chronic conditions. As a Care Coordinator you will facilitate referrals and assist our field based team with utilization and patient transitions back to their home. The Care Coordinator will work closely with our clinical team of physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, social workers, and dietitians to make sure our patients receive the highest quality care.
Essential functions of the Care Coordinator role will include:
- Act in accordance with the DaVita, Inc. mission and values to deliver high quality care to our patients.
- Assist the care management staff with implementation and documentation of the discharge care plan that includes initiation of referral forms, gathering clinical information, initiating the process of completing a chart and appointment scheduling.
- Communicate directly with patients on a timely basis for all scheduling requirements.
- Maintain accurate and complete documentation of records. Forms are fully-completed, legible, have no unapproved abbreviations and have the proper signatures.
- Ensure that documents get to appropriate parties in a timely manner, without compromising confidentiality or patient privacy procedures.
- Communicate authorization/denial for services to appropriate parties.
- Demonstrate exceptional two-way communication using clear and well-organized oral and written techniques.
- Other duties as assigned for the Care Coordinator
Qualifications of the Care Coordinator:
- High school diploma or GED required
- Clinical Medical Assistant (CMA) or Clinical and Administrative Medical Assistant (CAMA) Certification strongly preferred
- At least two years of experience in a medical office or hospital setting REQUIRED
- Knowledge of medical terminology, HIPPA procedures, and experience working in patient care settings
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills over the phone and the computer
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office/Excel/Outlook
Patient engagement - candidates really need to be PATIENT-FOCUSED and ENJOY WORKING FACE TO FACE WITH PATIENTS!
- Ability to adjust quickly and effectively to changing conditions and demands when performing assignments in order to meet Department and Regional goals.
- Commitment to service excellence and patient satisfaction
- Ability to speak with patients and act professionally under pressure
- Ability to interface effectively with culturally diverse patients and communities, providers, management, and employees of the organizations.
- BILINGUAL SPANISH / ENGLISH SPEAKER A PLUS*
Here is what you can expect when you join our Village as a Care Coordinator:
- A "community first, company second" culture based on Core Values that really matter.
- Clinical outcomes consistently ranked above the national average.
- Award-winning education and training across multiple career paths to help you reach your potential.
- Performance-based rewards based on stellar individual and team contributions.
- A comprehensive benefits package designed to enhance your health, your financial well-being and your future.
- Dedication, above all, to caring for patients suffering from chronic kidney failure across the nation.
What We'll Provide:
More than just pay, our DaVita Rewards package connects teammates to what matters most. Teammates are eligible to begin receiving benefits on the first day of the month following or coinciding with one month of continuous employment. Below are some of our benefit offerings.
- Comprehensive benefits: Medical, dental, vision, 401(k) match, paid time off, PTO cash out
- Support for you and your family: Family resources, EAP counseling sessions, access Headspace®, backup child and elder care, maternity/paternity leave and more
- Professional development programs: DaVita offers a variety of programs to help strong performers grow within their career and also offers on-demand virtual leadership and development courses through DaVita's online training platform StarLearning.
Our Core Values
Join us as a Care Coordinator as we pursue our vision "To Build the Greatest Healthcare Community the World has Ever Seen."
Why wait? Explore a career with DaVita today as a Care Coordinator.
Go to http://careers.davita.com to learn more or apply.
To learn more about our Village and the world of dialysis, click here.
Follow us on Facebook and LinkedIn
WARNING: Job Recruitment Scam Notice
Please note that DaVita Careers has been made aware of a phishing, job recruitment scam in which third parties are fraudulently representing themselves as recruiters of our company. These scammers are posting fake DaVita job openings and communicating with job candidates in an effort to obtain personal information and money. Please follow link to learn more about this scam.
DaVita is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. As such, DaVita makes hiring decisions solely on the basis of qualifications and experience, and without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing and background verification checks.
DaVita will consider qualified applicants who have criminal histories in a manner consistent with the law.