Level 3 CNC Machinist - Mill-Turn/Turning (Aerospace) - #156300
Date: 02/23/2021 14:00 PM
City: Mukilteo, Washington
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As a leader in the Aerospace, Defense and Commercial markets, Systima Technologies advances state of the art technologies through innovation and engineering, research and analysis, development, prototyping, fabrication and production. Our mission is to provide high value, responsive engineering and innovative products that enable the defense of our democracy and the exploration of land, sea, and space. Our teams take pride in delivering rapid, end-to-end engineering support and solutions, from concept to delivery.
- Operates machines to make/modify parts per customer supplied drawings, fabricates space and defense parts per engineering specifications with little to no supervision
- Maintains machine shop cleanliness and organization
- Understands G&M code, reads blueprints, troubleshoots production issues, conducts inspections
- 1st Shift Schedule: M-Th 5AM-3:30PM
- 2nd Shift schedule: M-Th 3PM-1:30AM
- Weekend schedule: Fri-Sat-Sun 5AM-5:30PM (36 hours paid at 40)
- This position reports to the Machine Shop Manager
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sets up and operates CNC machines as directed
- Performs various machining and shop duties, which may include the following: loading and unloading raw materials/parts into CNC machine or waterjet machine, deburring parts, inspecting in-process parts, assisting with packaging of finished parts, monitoring shop supplies
- Ensures that machined parts meet customer specifications, drawings and STP files
- Maintains equipment, shop cleanliness, and tooling inventory
- Maintains clean machining area, free from scrap/debris
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Required Education: High School Diploma
- Required Experience: 5-10 years of demonstrated ability to effectively operate shop related tools and equipment
- Preferred experience: Proficiency with lathe setup and operation (Mazak Integrex, Fanuc controls a plus)
- Versatility and experience across multiple machine centers
- Proficiency with measuring tools and set up tools
- Strong work ethic, communication skills and attention to detail
- Physical requirements of this position: standing and walking for extended periods of time throughout the work day, occasional use of stairs, and lifting up to 40 pounds
- Must be a U.S. Citizen
Systima Technologies is a dynamic and growing company, with excellent career opportunities across our engineering, manufacturing, business development and operations teams.
We offer a comprehensive benefits package including generous paid time off, 401(k), paid holidays, medical/dental/vision coverage plans, education reimbursement, semi-annual bonuses and more. We look forward to reviewing your application.
Systima recently purchased an outstanding property in Mukilteo, WA to accommodate our current staff and anticipated future growth. Systima is currently located in Kirkland, WA and we will relocate our entire business operation and staff to the Harbour Pointe Tech Center in a phased process over the coming months (early 2021).
Systima is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.