Software Engineer, Machine Learning Platform - #156276
Date: 02/23/2021 13:30 PM
City: Brooklyn, New York
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Etsy is the global marketplace for unique and creative goods. We build, power, and evolve the tools and technologies that connect entrepreneurs with buyers around the world. As an Etsy employee, you’ll tackle unique problems alongside talented coworkers committed to Keeping Commerce Human. We're large enough that you'll focus on meaningful, complex challenges, but small enough that you can make a rewarding impact.
At Etsy we are looking for an experienced software engineer to help build the next generation Machine Learning Platform and help us connect buyers and sellers in meaningful ways.
As a machine learning infrastructure engineer you will be responsible for designing, building and evolving the core ML Platform components and services, and working cross-functionally to support various product engineering, data engineering and data science teams as they use our platform. Do you find joy in improving the lives of data scientists using a platform and building new capabilities to support state-of-the-art machine learning? If so, this could be the perfect match.
This is a full-time position located (eventually) in Brooklyn NY, San Francisco CA or Toronto Canada, reporting to the ML Platform engineering manager. We offer flexible workplace policies that can accommodate work from home candidates who are comfortable traveling to an office location 2-3 times per week and we are open to fully remote candidates within North America.
In this role you will:
- Design, build and evolve the core ML Platform components and services
- Work closely with data scientists to understand their needs and optimize the platform to help them achieve their goals
- Work cross-functionally and support various product engineering, data engineering and data science teams as they use our platform
- Of course, this is just a sample of the kinds of work this role will require! You should assume that your role will encompass other tasks, too, and that your job duties and responsibilities may change from time to time at Etsy's discretion, or otherwise applicable with local law.
For candidates who will work remotely from Colorado, visit this link for information related to Colorado's Equal Pay for Equal Work Act.
Ideally you'll bring:
- 2+ years of experience as an engineer in machine learning and/or infrastructure engineering and a focus on writing high quality, maintainable code
- Fluency in Python or another similar programming language
- Experience with Docker or a similar container framework and container orchestration tools such as Kubernetes
- A foundational understanding of machine learning
- A growth mindset and commitment to learning
- Strong listening skills and an ability to be mindful and transparent in your communication with others
- A trust in and commitment to Etsy’s vision, mission and values.
If you're interested in joining the team at Etsy, please send a cover letter and resume telling us why you'd be right for the position. As you’ve hopefully seen already, Etsy is a place that values individuality and variety. We don’t want you to be like everyone else — we want you to be like you! So write to us and tell us what you’re all about.
At Etsy, we believe that a diverse, equitable and inclusive workplace makes us a more relevant, more competitive, and more resilient company. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply. Etsy is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodations to participate in the job application and interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. While Etsy supports visa sponsorship, sponsorship opportunities may be limited to certain roles and skillsets.