Student Life Counselor $3,000 Sign On Bonus - #156231
Universal Health Services
Date: 02/23/2021 12:30 PM
City: Bonners Ferry, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Boulder Creek Academy (BCA) is a premier 60-bed residential therapeutic boarding school nestled in the beautiful Cabinet Mountains of North Idaho. We pride ourselves on developing and implementing individualized academic and emotional programming for students 13-18 years of age while also supporting families with developing and sustaining lifelong strategies for the school and home environment. The BCA mission is to empower students and families to achieve excellence in personal growth, relationships, and lifelong learning.
We currently have a full-time opening Residential Student Life Counselor position with benefits and $3,000 SIGN ON BONUS. The successful candidate will be able to accomplish these responsibilities:
- Supervise students to ensure that basic needs are met, and that the environment is emotionally and physically safe.
- Sets and enforces behavior management plans and student limits and provides crisis intervention as required to resolve conflicts and contain inappropriate and/or unsafe behavior, according to company policy.
- Develop, schedule and supervise daily and special activities of students, such as chores, daily and weekend activities, physical education, special projects, field trips, program trips and excursions.
- Assist students with academic work assigned outside of the classroom.
- Participate in all daily activities with students.
- Instruct students in learning skills necessary for completion of activities and safety practices to ensure adherence to all safety policies and procedures.
- Supports the integrated team approach between Student Life, Clinical and Academics.
- Provide counseling/mentoring to students to assist with individual work, peer group processes, and staff relationships.
- Participates in groups as scheduled.
- Assists with the development, implementation and modification of student Master Treatment Plan (MTP), under the supervision of the Team Manager and Clinician.
- Responsible for timely documentation of student progress, incidents and other required paperwork according to program standards.
- Responsible for timely and accurate communication with peer group, team, and other appropriate staff regarding delivery of service, progress, concerns and recommendations.
- Responsible for Company and personal Service Excellence Standards
Bachelor's degree in psychology or related field from four-year college or university preferred but NOT REQUIRED; and/or equivalent combination of experience and training.
Minimum per Idaho licensing regulations is a high school diploma or equivalent.
Minimum two year's experience working with youth-at-risk preferred. One year in a residential program preferred.
Must be at least nineteen (19) years of age per Idaho licensing regulations.
Training and certification in the areas of First Aid/CPR and non-violent crisis intervention preferred or the ability to become certified within first ninety days.
While performing the functions of this job, the employee will periodically be required to participate in various physical activities with the students.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com