Director of Marketing, Global Controls- Remote - #156224
Johnson Controls, Inc.
Date: 02/23/2021 12:30 PM
City: Richmond, Virginia
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
What you will do
He/she will lead a team of global and regional marketing professionals who manage and support marketing programs and sales tool development for our Global Controls business. You will oversee product marketing programs, channel management, sales tool development, event management, integrated marketing campaign development, market/customer/competitor intelligence, and digital marketing and social media strategy, planning, and execution.
How you will do it
- Create, communicate and execute marketing strategies for Controls, working across the Global Products businesses and regions to ensure consistency of message and effectiveness.
- Drive mix of programs to support growth objectives, while managing mix across the base, new markets and future/adjacent markets.
- Define key messages and proof points – sustainable and competitively differentiated – across the product portfolio, ensuring consistency of use and application across Global Products.
- Support product marketing efforts to define product line value propositions and incorporate into overall value propositions and messages.
- Work closely with product management, sales and leadership to deliver timely and accurate global market assessments, trend analysis, and strategic implications/actions.
- Liaise with corporate marketing leadership and team to leverage centralized functions and adopt best-in-class practices for Controls.
- Manage trade show engagements.
- Define optimal website strategies, and work with communications and corporate teams to implement.
- Drive digital marketing excellence including conceptualization, implementation and measurement.
- Oversee brand management and product naming.
- Develop ways to effectively deliver critical technical and commercial information about Controls through sales channels globally – both direct and indirect.
- Contribute to development and implementation of our overall global strategy and annual operating plan.
What we look for
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Marketing, Communications or related field of study.
- Minimum 10+ years in product marketing within an industrial or manufacturing environment.
- Demonstrated skills in delivering business results through effective marketing.
- Possess strong interpersonal and communications skills.
- Experience managing a diverse global team in a highly-matrixed environment.
- Must be able to lead through influence and team work.
- Must think strategically and execute to plan.
- Travel is required 20% of the time.
- MBA Degree.
- HVAC/Controls industry experience.
Johnson Controls International plc. is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, genetic information, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/careers.