Laboratory Analyst - #156215
Date: 02/23/2021 12:00 PM
City: Twin Falls, Idaho
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Location: Twin Falls Plant
Exempt Status: Hourly
At Glanbia Nutritionals Inc., our portfolio centers on dairy and non-dairy nutritional ingredients. We co-innovate and deliver ingredient solutions and precision premixes for use in the mainstream food and beverage, infant and clinical, and functional nutrition markets. We are the number one provider of whey-based nutritional ingredients globally and the number one producer of American-style cheddar cheese. Our protein systems have transformed the bar and beverage categories — bringing increased levels of protein, cleaner labels and greater product functionality to market. We have a direct presence in 21 countries, with manufacturing facilities in the US, Germany and China, and international sales and technical offices around the world.
Performs analyzes of various products, testing for various elements while following the best practices to uphold safety and quality standards.
- Analyzes products including testing proximate, sensory and physical analysis
- Cleans laboratory equipment and instruments
- Each employee shall comply with occupational safety and health standards and all rules, regulations, and orders issued pursuant to the Occupational Safety and Health Act which are applicable to his/her own actions and conduct.
- Complies with all applicable food safety regulations and mandates (Safe Quality Foods, Food and Drug Admin, Pasteurized Milk Ordinance)
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Regular and timely attendance required
Delivering on Glanbia's Values:
- "Showing Respect" - Research issues & incidents with internal teams, business partners and customers in a collaborative manner that includes professional, honest and transparent communication.
- "Find a Better Way" - Work with internal and external teams to implement process improvements and/or procedural changes that eliminate non-value added activities and drive more business value.
- "Winning Together" - Assist with training of new team members. Facilitate or oversee training and standard operating procedure reviews to ensure new hires develop proficiency of role.
- "The Customer's Champion" - Proactively engage to support our customer needs on an end to end basis and strive to meet or exceed SLA timelines. Take ownership of customer requests and engage with internal teams as needed and within a timely manner.
- "Performance Matters" - Meet or exceed all key metrics in line with expectations for role. Continually update knowledge of products, product changes, processes and services offered to deliver a dynamic customer experience.
- Ability to operate (or learn to operate) necessary equipment
- Excellent record required in safety, attendance, and punctuality
- Ability to stand and walk the entire shift if needed
- Ability to read and write instructions in English
- Knowledge of the proper use of all cleaning chemicals
- Must be able to work weekends, and overtime as required
- Must complete one year of continuous service in the laboratory as an Analyst I. This requirement can be waived at the discretion of the Laboratory Manager based solely upon previous knowledge, experience, or education, and demonstrated competence and skill.
- Must have a current certification in at least one laboratory position.
Typical Physical Activity
The physical demands described represent those that must be met by an employee and the work environment characteristics are those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Frequently (51-75%) use hands to finger, handle, or feel.
- Occasionally (25-50%) walk, lift and/or move 26 to 60 lbs.
- Rarely (1-25%) stand, sit, talk or hear, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl, and reach with hands and arms.
- Specific vision requirements for this job include close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less); distance vision (clear vision at 20 feet or more), color vision (ability to identify and distinguish colors), peripheral vision (ability to observe an area that can be seen up and down or to the left and right while eyes are fixed on a given point); depth perception (three-dimensional vision, ability to judge distances and spatial relationships); ability to adjust focus (ability to adjust the eye to bring an object into sharp focus).
Typical Environmental Conditions
May be exposed to __85+___ noise levels in which hearing protection will be needed.
Must perform the essential duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation efficiently and accurately without causing significant safety threat to self or others. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and/or skills required of all personnel so classified.
Are you someone who likes to make it happen, make it better and make it fun? If so, our company offers you an excellent opportunity to do interesting work and develop a career in a dynamic and innovative environment that is all about making you and our business successful.
Nearest Major Market: Idaho
Nearest Secondary Market: Twin Falls