Senior Global Compensation Analyst - #156161
Western Digital Corp
Date: 02/23/2021 11:00 AM
City: Milpitas, California
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The next big thing in data is you!
Develops, implements, administers compensation and incentive policy, procedures, practices, and programs. Conducts surveys and studies labor markets to determine compensation trends; analyzes jobs, and reviews job descriptions and specifications; applies job evaluation techniques to establish equitable compensation rates within the organization as compared with rates in industry; analyzes government regulations, company policies, and agreements with labor unions to establish standard rates; reviews classification and compensation changes and makes recommendations with respect to tasks to be performed, qualifications of employee, and company policy and budgetary limitations; provides guidance and makes recommendations to line managers and generalists on all compensation issues; and interprets local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Carries out broad analysis assignments involving the development, installation and administration of compensation.
- Evaluates job worth using standard job evaluation techniques; determines grades and supports the development and modeling of salary ranges.
- Lead and/or support annual processes such as merit, short term and long-term incentive processes. Partner with internal stakeholders to ensure data and system readiness to deliver such processes.
- Maintains and on-going effort to ensure competitiveness, cost effectiveness, and equity of pay programs.
- Utilizes survey management tool to effectively administer global compensation programs.
- Participates in salary surveys conducted by third parties.
- Remains current on all personnel policies, programs and practices and stays informed of new (and pending) laws and regulations.
- Provide counsel and support on all matters related to compensation to all levels of management and staff.
- Act as internal consultant/advisor to managers and other HR staff. Makes recommendations managers and HR Business Partners on all compensation issues; and interprets local, state, and federal laws regulating compensation practices.
- Create materials to effectively communicate compensation programs, policies and practices to employees and leaders.
ABOUT WESTERN DIGITAL®
The future. It's on you. You & Western Digital.
We've been storing the world's data for more than 50 years. Once, storage was the most important thing we could do for data. Now, we're helping the world capture, preserve, access and transform data in a way only we can.
The most game-changing companies, consumers, professionals, and government organizations come to us for the technologies and solutions needed to bring meaning and value to their ever-increasing diversity of data.
But we can't do it alone. Today's exceptional data challenges require your unique skills. You can be the next big thing in data.
Western Digital® data-centric solutions are comprised of the Western Digital, G-Technology™, SanDisk® and WD® brands.
Western Digital is an equal opportunity employer.
Western Digital does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, religion (including religious dress and grooming standards), sex (including pregnancy, childbirth or related medical conditions, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), gender (including a person's gender identity, gender expression, and gender-related appearance and behavior, whether or not stereotypically associated with the person's assigned sex at birth), age, national origin, sexual orientation, medical condition, marital status (including domestic partnership status), physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, protected medical and family care leave, Civil Air Patrol status, military and veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. We also prohibit harassment of any individual on any of the characteristics listed above. Our non-discrimination policy applies to all aspects of employment. We comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the "Equal Employment Opportunity is the Law" poster.
Western Digital participates in the E-Verify program in the US. For more information click here. Este empleador participa in E-Verify.