Tanker Driver Night Shift - #156154
Date: 02/23/2021 10:30 AM
City: Portland, Maine
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
As the nation's leading bottled water company, Nestlé Waters North America is dedicated to providing customers with healthy hydration options. Alongside that, we're also committed to developing our people – enabling them to make the most of the many elements that help them to succeed.
Nestlé Waters consists of four business units: Corporate, Retail, Supply Chain and ReadyRefresh by Nestlé. Whichever one of these areas you choose to join, you'll find yourself collaborating with a highly talented team on work that's challenging, engaging and incredibly rewarding. You'll be an essential element of our success: trusted, empowered and supported to make a lasting impact on the very future of our business. It's a chance to use your knowledge, skills and experience to shine brightly and achieve your ambitions – all while delivering healthy hydration to millions of customers.
We are seeking a Transport Driver to perform various assignments in connection with the delivery of products associated with Company business. Shift is 11:30pm - 11:30am; Sunday - Thursday.
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Safely operate a semi-trailer/tractor unit with gross vehicle weight of 100,000 lbs in the timely pick-up and delivery of bulk water from spring sites to company bottling plants.
- Load and unload tanker truck safely. Follow company procedures on water quality testing.
- Ensure compliance with Federal, State, Local and company operating requirements including DOT Hours of Service regulations, vehicle inspections, electronic log book maintenance )
- Communicate effectively with dispatchers and plant personal.
- Represent the company in a professional manner by keeping a neat appearance, interacting well with the public, and maintaining safe speeds and driving habits in the communities in which we operate.
Qualifications - External
Key qualifications include:
- High school diploma or GED
- Valid Commercial Driver's License (with tanker endorsement)
- Two or more years over the road experience driving a tractor / semi- trailer, preferably 100,000 pound GVW
- No preventable accidents in the past 24 months
- No more than two moving violations in the past 36 months
- No reckless driving convictions
- No drug and/or alcohol related driving offenses or convictions
- Drivers must be able to meet DOT and OSHA requirements
- Must be available to work day, night, and weekend hours and be capable of driving at night
- Reading and writing skills sufficient to complete all required paperwork
- Ability to withstand prolonged periods in a sitting position driving a truck
- Ability to maintain safe and efficient control of the vehicle at all times
- Ability to climb ladders and stairs on trailer and tractor and at loading and unloading facilities
- Ability to twist, kneel, squat and other maneuvers in sometimes confined quarters to connect valves, hoses and fittings as required in loading and unloading
- Ability to move/lift, lower or rise from ground or above ground level objects weighing up to 75 lbs for short periods of time and moving by pushing, pulling or carrying over a distances up to 100 feet
This is a tremendous opportunity! We offer competitive pay based on education, experience, and other qualifications. We offers comprehensive benefits including medical, prescription, dental, vision, flex, life, disability, EAP, 401(k) with match, profit sharing, tuition reimbursement, paid vacation, and more!
To our veterans and separated service members: you are at the forefront of our minds as we recruit top talent to join Nestlé. The skills that you have gained while serving our country, such as adaptability, agility, and leadership, are aligned with the skills that we look for when we think about what success looks like at Nestle. We hope that you will consider sharing in our mission and purpose to enhance quality of life and contribute to a healthier future.
Nestlé Waters North America is the nation's leading bottled water company. Our water brands include Poland Spring, Arrowhead, Ozarka, Deer Park, Zephyrhills and Ice Mountain, Nestlé Pure Life, S. Pellegrino, Perrier and Acqua Panna. We're passionate about creating shared value for society in all kinds of ways: from providing careers and benefits to communities where we operate to environmental stewardship – most notably responsible water management, lightweight packaging and advancing recycling in America. As a valuable part of our team, you'll receive a competitive total rewards package that may include healthcare benefits, retirement savings benefits and paid time off – something that will provide you with the support you need to thrive both inside and outside of work. It's not just the work that you'll find fulfilling here though. As you build a career with us, you'll receive exactly the kind of benefits you'd expect from a leading name in healthy hydration. The only question is, what elements will help you succeed at Nestlé Waters?
Applicants with criminal histories are welcome to apply.