Supervisor, Customer Services - #156134
ENVOY AIR INC.
Date: 02/23/2021 10:00 AM
City: Aspen, Colorado
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Who we are:
Would you like to work for a stable, secure, and fast-growing airline where you will be stimulated, challenged, and have the opportunity to develop your career? If so, read on! Come and work with the best of the best at Envoy Air where you will join a team committed to providing outstanding service.
- Amazing employee flight privileges within the American Airlines global network
- Training and development programs to take your career to the next level
- Comprehensive health and life benefits (subject to location)
How will you make an impact?
- Coordinate the day-to-day station operations by leading and organizing the activities of Agents/Clerks to ensure a safe working environment and on-time dependability.
- Ensure adequate operational coverage; responsible for scheduling and manpower utilization
- Maintain a safe, dependable and consistent operation
- Conduct Agent observations
- Schedule and administer local training including new hire training
- Investigates and resolves operational issues as well as customer service issues
- Will be provided company uniforms and must adhere to uniform policy
- Participates on operational conference calls, station audits and prepares various reports
- Maintains records such as time and attendance, personnel files and performance
- Supervisors perform Station Agent work, as required. Station Agents have combined duties within ramp service and customer service operations.
- Create a positive start to a passenger's trip by being the first to greet the passenger and providing a seamless check-in and ticketing experience
- Use appropriate reservation/ticketing software to rebook itineraries, issue boarding passes, and calculate and collect any appropriate fees
- Inform passengers through all aspects of their experience with American Airlines by communicating appropriate information about their trips and belongings
- Guide and direct incoming and outgoing aircraft on the taxiway to ensure that they are entering or leaving their gate safely and on-time
- Load, unload, sort, and appropriately transfer passenger baggage, cargo/freight, and company materials
- Some of these items can weigh up to 75 lbs. Drive ground equipment such as tugs to help the plane push in/out of the gate, belt loaders to help load baggage, and bag carts to deliver baggage to the claim area or the connecting flight
- Collaborate with the internal team to ensure a safe and on-time departure
- May clean the interior of the aircraft, clean and service aircraft lavatories, and/or work in the Baggage Service Office to track the location of baggage
For a more visual insight of what the Agent position entails, check out our "Behind the Scenes at Envoy" clip: Agent Video
Who are we looking for?
In this role, Supervisors must be able to perform all duties under sometimes stressful conditions beyond the employee's control while attempting to influence a favorable impression of American Airlines. Supervisors must be self-motivated and safety conscious. Supervisors must be comfortable organizing work groups and handling multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment. The ability to demonstrate qualities of leadership, initiative, and judgment are essential.
- Minimum Age: 18
- High school diploma or GED equivalent
- Must possess a valid state driver's license; some license restrictions may prohibit a candidate from being eligible for this position
- Must be able to carry, bend, lift and turn with bags weighing up to 75 lbs.
- Ability to work rotating shifts including nights, holidays, weekends, days off, and be able to report to work on a regular and timely basis
- Requires flexibility to work additional hours beyond the regular shift, on short notice, and as needed due to operational necessity
- Must be able to perform all duties in various weather conditions and time constraints
- Ability to read, write, fluently speak and understand the English language
- Possess the legal right to work in the United States
- A minimum of one year of customer service experience
- Some locations may desire previous airline experience including working knowledge of an airline's ticketing system and/or ramp operations
- Tattoos, body piercings and/or tongue rings may not be visible while in company issued uniform at any time; tattoos cannot be covered with adhesive bandages or by other methods to render them not visible
- Candidates must fulfill a fingerprint based criminal background check to qualify for unescorted access privileges to airport security identification display areas (SIDA), if applicable
- Candidates must be able to secure appropriate airport authority and/or US Customs security badges, in addition to clearing other airport related requirements, if applicable
- In locations handling US mail, must be able to pass a US Postal Service background check
- This position may be subject to the Department of Transportation (DOT). Federal law requires Envoy to determine a candidate's history with the DOT drug and/or alcohol violation(s) or refusal(s) to test before hiring him/her into a safety-sensitive position
Please note: The description is intended to provide a brief overview of the position. It's not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, expectations, and skills required of those in this position. Duties and expectations may be subject to change at any time.
Envoy Air is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled.