Trailer Mechanic/Technician - Cedar Rapids - #156132
Interstate Companies, Inc.
Date: 02/23/2021 10:00 AM
City: Cedar Rapids, Iowa
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units Interstate AssemblySystems, Interstate BearingSystems, Interstate IndustrialSystems, Interstate PowerSystems and I-State Truck Center.
As we have since our founding in 1957 as one of the worlds first Detroit Diesel Engine distributors, we continue to recruit career-oriented individuals who want fulfilling work and opportunities for professional growth. Our employees commitment to the company and its Pride in Service motto helps Interstate Companies deliver exceptional customer service every day.
Growth is a critical component of our business plan, and we are currently looking for a Trailer Mechanic/ Technician to help us in that growth.
Mechanic Job Duties
- Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on trailers
- Repair work on brakes, axle, electrical, air system, suspension, king pin and door
- Positive interface with service writers, foreman, parts department and customers
- Keep paper work updated and handed in upon completion
- Meet requirements for certifications
- Administrative duties as related to position
Desired Skills and Qualities for Mechanics
- Technical degree or certification a plus
- Petroleum tanker experience
- 1 year and 5 year inspections
- Shippers testing
- Sensor overflow testing
- Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
- The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
- Solid written and verbal communication skills
Mechanic Position Requirements
- High school diploma or equivalent
- A minimum of 2 years experience working with trailers
- Be able to work with diagnostic computers for troubleshooting and repairs
- Must have your own set of general tools
- Use computers for web based training and work order system
- Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
- Competitive compensation
- Tools program
- Tuition assistance
- Broad range of health (medical, dental and vision) insurance options
- Flexible paid time off and paid holidays
- 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.