Assistant Group Home Manager - GH 9 (Jackson) - #156130
Date: 02/23/2021 09:30 AM
City: Jackson, New Jersey
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
For nearly 40 years, Alternatives, Inc. has been dedicated to providing the best in support services to adults with Developmental/Intellectual Disabilities and Mental Illnesses. Services include Residential, Behavior Support, Employment, Support Coordination and Recreation. We have seen great growth in the past few years, which has stretched our coverage area to include Warren, Hunterdon, Morris, Union, Middlesex, Monmouth & Ocean counties. This expansion would not be possible without our dedicated staff members working on the front lines.
The staff & management team at each Group Home make it their mission to ensure the comfort and safety of each client. They spend day-in and day-out focused on helping their clients succeed. They see them at their best and at their worst. Their relationship is one of mutual respect and admiration.
Role of the Assistant Manager:
- Assist in supervision of Group Home
- Assist in activities of daily living skills
- Administer or assist with prescribed medication
- Provide transportation
- Assists in the implementation of individual plans for individuals and behavioral plan goals
- Assists individuals in the pursuit of recreational, social and community activities based on their preferences and individual plans
- Support people to achieve personal outcomes that characterize a high quality of life
- Data entry into AWARDS eHR system
Desired Qualities of the Assistant Manager:
- Positive Communication
- Excellent Customer Service Skills
- Reliability & Dedication
- Desire to make a difference
- Ethical and moral values
- High School diploma or GED
- Ability to pass criminal/registry background checks/drug screen
- Clear tuberculosis screening
- A valid driver's license, no more than 5 points or DUI in last 3 years
- Ability to pass and maintain required trainings such as CPR/First Aid, Medication Administration and Positive Behavioral Support Training
- Experience working with individuals with intellectual and/or developmental disabilities (preferred but not required)
So why should you apply...? Here are just SOME of the incentives for being part of our team!
- Paid training
- Sign On bonus (if joining with training)
- Annual Longevity Increases
- Annual Performance Incentives
- Staff Appreciation events
- Health and Wellness fairs
- Lunch & Learns
- Employee Recognition Awards
- Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- Employee Referral Bonuses
- Mileage reimbursement
- For a full list of benefits, click here
We invite you to apply and become part of the Alternatives team and make a difference!
Change Lives, Build Futures!
Assistant Group Home Manager
Jackson Group Home
Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, 3pm - 11pm
Saturday & Sunday, 9am - 5pm
Paid Training | Mileage Reimbursement | Sign-On Bonus
Tuition Reimbursement | Paid Time Off | 401K
$17.75/hr ($18.75 on weekends)
BA & Experience Preferred
Computer skills a must !
Must possess valid NJ/NY/PA driver's license
In order to be eligible for employment, applicant must not have more than 5 points on their driving record and no DUIs within the last 3 years.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities Include:
- Performing necessary tasks for individuals (i.e. administering medication, cooking meals, performing personal hygiene)
- Training clients in necessary areas for community living
- Evaluating skills and needs of clients
- Supervising clients in maintenance and upkeep of residence
- Assisting with scheduling and maintenance of appointments
- Providing necessary transportation using Agency vehicle
- Ensuring security and confidentiality of all records
- Assisting with implementation of Individual Behavior Plans
- Strong interpersonal skills required
Alternatives, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer.