Copy Supervisor, Digital Marketing - #156104
The O'Connor Group
Date: 02/23/2021 09:00 AM
City: Malvern, Pennsylvania
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Our client is an independent, full-service advertising agency specializing in animal health, pharma, medical devices, diagnostics, and biotech industries. Services include print, interactive, strategy, marketing expertise, and brand development. They are in search of a Copy Supervisor to join the team in Malvern PA!
The Copy Supervisor’s primary responsibility is to drive a book of business efficiently and effectively; to translate client needs and to conceptualize, create, and produce a broad range of work for advertising and marketing collateral within integrated campaigns that meets or exceeds both agency and client expectations. Additionally, this position serves as a brand steward; they are hands on, both developing creative themselves, while also directing and mentoring other creative staff.
• Provide day-to-day hands-on support to our service organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company
• Act as a key stakeholder of the brand team to develop conceptual approaches that further the client’s strategic marketing goals and objectives
• Lead and perform copy and content for a broad range of digital and print materials aimed at both professional and consumer audiences
• Identify the need for, engage, direct and review the work of additional creatives, as well as vendors and partners
• Assist in the mentorship and supervision of other creative team members to foster their professional growth and empower the team to work as efficiently and effectively as possible.
• Work with the Associate Creative Director, Copy to formulate client- and audiencecentric visual content and creative solutions that transcend different media.
• Partner with creative and other key stakeholders to draft and produce fresh, intelligent, and intriguing solutions that meet or exceed client and agency expectations, standards, and guidelines from initial concept to manuscript through final production.
• Maintain the consistency of brands across all marketing materials within a book of business; individual and art team accounts.
• Research and gain an understanding of the animal healthcare industry and clients’ business/products to independently drive strategic recommendations, tactical planning, and executions that further the client’s goals and objectives.
• Use effective presentation skills internally and externally to market ideas both conceptually and strategically • Self-starter who is comfortable with gathering all the information needed to take on assignments.
• Perform research as necessary to respond to client requests or to support product claims.
• Analyze the quality and completeness of source material and reference copy as needed.
• Takes ownership of reference and source materials, including preparing materials for client review and formatting references according to AMA format.
• Experience with current ad tech; skilled in integrating overall copy message with digital platforms and websites.
• Ensure copy meets all legal, medical, regulatory compliance and brand consistency requirements • Inform team of and track estimates, budgets, and timelines as required.
• Ensure creative scope is accurate.
• Recommend improvements to software, tools, and processes that will aid in creative quality and eliminate inefficiencies.
• Keep up to date on skills, client, and industry trends.
• Other duties, as assigned
Behaviors—the just as important stuff (company values)
• Proactive -We come to our clients, managers, and meetings with solutions, not problems.
• Accountable-We can give a satisfactory answer/reason for everything we do • consistent Our actions are in pursuit of the common goal.
• Transparent- We offer real and timely feedback.
• Supportive- We provide one another assistance and encouragement and strive to make work fun.
• Adherence to internal and external deadlines.
Established success as a Senior Copywriter as evidenced by an exceptional portfolio that includes outstanding conceptual thinking, strategic insights and problem solving, and deep digital experience
Superior written and oral communication skills with the ability to understand and write about complex technical and/or scientific information.
Solid research and referencing skills and a familiarity with AMA style o Knowledge of Mac operating system and industry standard software.
Flexible and able to multitask in a fast-paced environment o Solid, demonstrated understanding integrated marketing and advertising communications and how to optimize within an overall creative and content strategy.
Superior presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills; experience interfacing directly with clients.
Proactive, self-motivated, well organized; a team player o Good judgment, and good decision-making and problem-solving skills
Some moderate travel up to 25%.