Director of Food & Beverage Operations - #156092
Date: 02/23/2021 08:30 AM
City: New Orleans, Louisiana
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
The Director of Food & Beverage Operations is responsible for assuring attentive friendly courteous and efficient service in all F&B Outlets (Restaurant Room Service Lounge Market and Banquets) while maintaining adherence to budgeted payroll and overhead cost. He/she is also responsible for continually working towards improving Restaurant, Suite Service, Lounge Market and Banquet sales revenues to meet or exceed budget. The Director of Food and Beverage Operations is responsible for directing and organizing the activities of the Food and Beverage Department to ensure a consistently high-quality food product while at the same time developing his/her team and driving a positive work environment. In addition this position is charged with consistently improving guest and employee satisfaction. The incumbent in this role may function in the role of a Chef as required. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities.
Key areas of focus include restaurant concepting and service delivery; creating distinctive experiences for each brand; training and development; managing and leading a team. This position is expected to be creative, nimble, brand focused, and forward thinking while being able to grow the talents of those around them. He/she will play an integral role as part of the Executive Committee to work together with the General Manager and other senior leaders to carry out the strategic plan, vision and mission of the hotel.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience. Or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 to 2 years of related experience or a Culinary Degree with 1 to 2 years of progressive experience in a hotel or related field.
- Holds and maintains applicable certification requirements for position to include: Food Handlers Alcohol Awareness CPR and First Aid
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Extensive experience in restaurant bar banquet catering in room dining and kitchen management required.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations maintaining composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions. Have the ability to analyze forecast data and make judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control
- Familiar with the general organization of a Hotel and know the function of each department.
- Communicates in a timely and efficient manner possess strong communication skills excellent speaking reading and writing skills computer skills and basic technological acumen.
- Knowledge and experience with forecasting budgeting labor management and purchasing to ensure maximum productivity
- Must be able to complete all applicable forecasting and budgeting in a timely and efficient manner.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Knowledgeable and aware of local competition and industry trends.
- Responsible for organizing directing supervising and assisting in the preparation and service of all food and beverage based on standardized recipes for the Restaurant Room Service Market Employee Cafeteria and Banquets while maintaining the highest standards to produce an appealing and appetizing product.
- He/she is also responsible for ensuring the cleanliness sanitation and safety in the kitchens service stations FOH BOH work and storage areas while minimizing waste and maximizing cost/production ratio.
- He/she plans meals and service while directing and working with Culinary Department with various assignments i.e. pricing banquets etc.
- This role is ultimately responsible for providing oversight to all Food & Beverage Operations.
- Procurement and maintenance of 700-bottle wine cellar inventor
- Achieve budgeted revenues and maintain cost controls (labor, beverage, maintenance, etc.) to maximize profitability related to the facility operations
- Maintain accurate inventory counts and ensure upkeep of all equipment, fixtures and linens for all outlets and banquets to minimize loss and breakage
- Stay informed on all industry trends and government regulations
- Actively participate in local events, marketing initiatives and PR campaigns to include print, digital and television media as well as to engage with guests as called upon
- He/ She will lead for all wine and spirits inventory and curation. Additionally, this role is held to relevant finance metrics by meeting or exceeding all budgeted revenue and profit goals and maintaining appropriate beverage and labor costs.
Be a part of the South's most iconic hotel in the heart of the most legendary city. Known for our personalized and genuine service, Windsor Court's diverse family of service professionals lead by caring for others and caring for each other. We are looking for dynamic and passionate individuals who are committed to growing their career in luxury hospitality and being great stewards for the city of New Orleans.
Surrounded by a city chock full of history, Windsor Court Hotel invites travelers to make their own memories just steps from the French Quarter. From romance to relaxation to traditional New Orleans celebrations, guests will find the best of all worlds at our award-winning hotel. Rich in style and French-inspired décor, our elegant retreat embraces the spirit and hospitality of the city while staying loyal to the luxury guests love.
Earning four diamonds from AAA and four stars from Forbes, our New Orleans hotel is determined to stay distinguished, just like the city itself. Whether guests are looking to spend their days in the French Quarter or Central Business District – each within walking distance of our front doors – or prefer to lose track of time taking in views from our rooftop pool and exploring our art collection, we'll turn your vacation fantasies into your fondest lifelong memories. Top adventures off with a trip to our spa followed by some sipping and savoring at our award-winning restaurants, lounges and tea room and visitors will start to see why just one stay at Windsor Court Hotel isn't enough.
Explore new opportunities with Windsor Court Hotel and Aimbridge Hospitality. As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents 1,400 hotels in 49 states and 20 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our 60,000 associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan