Fuel Station Attendant #1739 - #156083
Date: 02/23/2021 08:00 AM
City: Palmer, Alaska
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
fuel station attendant #1739
Provides superior customer service. Sells products available at the fuel station in accordance with company
standards regarding merchandise presentation, safety, sanitation, service and suggestive selling. Assists
customers by ringing up sales and controlling the fuel pumps in order to ensure prompt service.
- Provides prompt, efficient and friendly customer service by exhibiting caring, concern and patience in
all customer interactions.
- Responsible for ringing up all merchandise. Receives payment for customer purchases. Properly
maintains cash drawer, is accountable for all cash, coupons, checks, and receipts in the drawer.
- Receives and checks in delivered merchandise and places in appropriate storage area.
- Fills displays and stocks shelves as needed.
- Fills outside towel holders, and replenishes or refreshes window washer fluid.
- Service, clean and supply public restrooms; refill towel dispenser & soap dispensers.
- Clean windows, glass partitions, and mirrors with cleaning agents.
- Gather and empty trash; clean & scrub trash cans and replace with liners.
- May clean building floor by sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming around equipment.
- Adheres to Federal, State, local laws. Adheres to Safeway policies and store rules.
- May perform other job-related duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE:
High school education preferred or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Gas Station Attendant experience preferred; on-the-job training provided
Safeway Inc. Confidential Page 1 7/10/2013
Skills and Background:
- Ability to follow company customer service procedures. Demonstrated customer service skills or related
- Ability to interact professionally with customers and co-workers.
- Ability to understand and follow instructions.
- Ability to use the cash register. Basic math skills to calculate prices and make change.
Store Managers, Field Merchandisers, MDOs
Has daily contact with customers, co-workers, suppliers/vendors, and the general public
Select from percentages below: 0 -- 10%
ADDITIONAL REMARKS: May work in extreme weather conditions