Part-Time Teller - Wichita, KS (West) - #156053
Date: 02/23/2021 07:00 AM
City: Wichita, Kansas
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
Wichita, KS (West)
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Accurately Perform Financial Transactions and Functions
- Accurately process financial transactions including but not limited to deposits, withdrawals, transfers, check cashing, payments, monetary instrument sales, and internal bank transactions.
- Balance transactions and cash daily.
- Approve transactions for other employees within your assigned approval authority limit, if applicable.
- Assist in management of bank cash levels as delegated by a manager or supervisor.
- Demonstrate operational soundness to minimize risk exposure or loss and maintain quality production.
Adhere to operating procedures and protocols.
- Build Client Relationships
- Conduct professional client conversations that build and sustain trust and credibility.
- Discover key life events happening with clients to ensure bank products and services are meeting financial needs.
- Promote bank products and services, within and outside of the branch.
- Proactively make referrals to bank partners that result in additional revenue to the bank.
Demonstrate operational soundness to minimize risk exposure or loss and to maintain quality production.
- Deliver a Consistently Superior Client Experience
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills.
- Behave in a manner to create a welcoming, engaging, professional environment for clients and your team to experience.
Respond to routine client inquiries and requests.
- Demonstrate Compliance with Applicable Laws and Regulations
- Understand and follow applicable laws and regulations for your job responsibilities, including but not limited to Equity Bank Business Ethics and Conduct policy, Bank Secrecy Act, Anti-Money Laundering, Information Security, Suspicious Activity Reporting requirements, policies, and procedures.
- Follow deposit account opening procedures and internal suspicious activity referral requirements and processes, as appropriate for this position.
- Actively work with clients to understand each client's normal account activity, as appropriate for this position.
Complete periodic compliance training.
- Perform other duties as assigned or required.
Required Skills & Education
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Cash handling experience preferred
- Customer service experience
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer proficiency in Windows-based system
- Ability to maintain a high degree of confidentiality
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills
- Capable of working with a team
- Aptitude for math
- Ability to travel to Wichita, KS for required training your first week on the job
The above statements are intended to generally describe the nature and level of work to be performed by most people assigned to this job. It is not intended as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and requirements.
This position requires standing, walking, bending, and squatting on a regular basis. May require the ability to stoop, kneel, crouch or reach with hands and arms. Requires the ability to carry, lift, move or push up to 25 pounds on an occasional basis. Must be able to talk and listen to others. Frequently uses hands and fingers to handle or feel. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position regularly works in an office setting. Most of the job duties require the employee to be working with computers and electronic media on a regular basis.
Equity Bank is an equal opportunity employer and will not make employment decisions based on an applicant's race or skin color, national origin or ethnicity, religious beliefs, age, sex, physical or mental ability.