Assistant Store Manager - #156049
Date: 02/23/2021 07:00 AM
City: Ridgeland, South Carolina
Contract type: Full Time
Work schedule: Full Day
One of the best things about spending time outdoors are the stories waiting to be told. Camping World and Gander RV & Outdoors are part of the leading outdoor retailer that operates in local communities and online to serve all our customers, no matter where they live. We are outdoor enthusiasts who provide regionally, and seasonally relevant products priced competitively to fit your family's outdoor needs.
As the RV industry leader, Camping World is always looking for new and better ways to enhance your RV and outdoor experience. Camping World is a big place, just like the great outdoors. We make it our mission to equip you for it. We've got an awesome team already, but there's always room for more!
With local stores across the nation and a website that helps you get the gear you need when you need it, we invite you to go write your story. Who knows? Maybe a new career in helping lead the county's leading outdoor RV and outdoor lifestyle retailer is the perfect next chapter.
Essential Job Functions:
- Manage all aspects of accounting, operations, compliance, and shrink and profitability through the highest standards of integrity and ethics
- Drive the business to success by delivering metrics and achieving success on the leaderboard
- Connect with customers and drive sales by asking open-ended questions to assess customer needs and make relevant suggestions for the customer's outdoor lifestyle
- Demonstrate safe practices and procedures in store by adhering to company standards
- Ensure all Federal, state, local compliance of the location's FFL and adherence to company policy on the handling of firearms is met
- Determine specialized product needs and services by working directly with customers
- Suggest add-on sales to increase average transactions
- Provide price estimates for designated installations prior to scheduling appointments
- Keep customers apprised of work progress
- Recruit and hire qualified associates adhering to established pay guidelines
- Evaluate, coach, counsel and train associates for success
- Recognize seasonality of the business and develop a strategy for merchandising the store for seasonal trends by adhering to company standards and planograms
- Participate in the creation of schedules which are geared to meet customers' needs
- Involvement in the community to promote the brand and stay informed concerning competitors.
Required Essential Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management and/or 3-5+ years retail management experience, preferably big-box format or equivalent combination and experience
- Must be a minimum of 21 years of age
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Leadership and interpersonal skills required to interact with all levels of the company
- Excellent planning and organizing skills
- Able to coach direct report
- Occasional overnight travel may be required
- Proficient computer skills to be able to maneuver in a windows-based environment
- Must possess the core discipline of foundational excellence to maintain high standards of facility, sales floor, and back of house standards on a daily basis
- Ability to work a flexible schedule to meet the needs of the business
- Demonstrate ethical and honest behavior in day to day interactions and business decisions
- Must be flexible and able to react to the needs of the business
- Able to freely access all areas of the register area by standing, walking, stooping, crawling, crouching, and kneeling: ability to lift and/or move up to 50 lbs
Full-time associates are offered a comprehensive benefit package including medical, dental, vision, PTO, 401k and more! Part-time associates are offered access to dental & vision coverage! For more information please visit: www.mycampingworldbenefits.com
We are an equal employment opportunity employer. The Company's policy is not to discriminate against any applicant or employee based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, age (40 and over), disability, veteran or uniformed service-member status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.